PDA

View Full Version : Register family of 4 instead of 5?

AlfredENewman
10-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi! I've seen a lot of posters ask questions regarding accomodations for a family of 5. Has anyone considered registering a total of 4 family members instead of sharing information about the 5th? I typically do this for other hotel stays. (My three children are young - a 2nd room makes no sense and we typically can't afford suites.)

Any thoughts?

Yo Mickey!
10-25-2011, 01:40 PM
we are doing this for a visit in dec to bcv. we couldn't get a 2br and they won't let you put 5 people on the reservation for a 1br so that is what we did. kinda stinks as we won't be able to do dme.

diz_girl
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Welcome to Intercot.

FYI - A moderator may come along and warn you about skirting the rules (it's part of the Intercot terms of service), and this would qualify if all of your children are at least 3 years old. A family of 5 can stay in a room with an occupancy of 4, if one of those children is under the age of 3. Also, if you plan to have the DDP or tickets attached to room keys, then the fifth person wouldn't be on the reservation and wouldn't take part in these options, as well as possibly DME (for luggage tags and seats on buses).

Most Deluxe resorts accommodate 5, except Wl and AKL. Unless you plan on staying at a Value resort, you can consider staying at POR in Alligator Bayou. Those rooms accommodate 5 people. I don't know if the Dolphin/Swan hotels have standard rooms that fit 5. They often offer great prices and they're in a great location.

Ms. Mode
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Doesn't ASM offer family suites? I believe they do, and of course in the spring the new AoA will be more family style.

I wouldn't do it...but that's me. :mickey:

brownie
10-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Cheating the system isn't allowed. If you have 5 people, you need to register 5 people.