PDA

View Full Version : Can I get to DHS from EPCOT at 7pm in time to see Osborne Lights?

rjmdds
10-25-2011, 08:50 AM
With 10 days to go until we leave, a small wrench was thrown into all of my planning. It was all too easy leading up to this. Originally, the word was that the Osborne Lights would begin on November 8th which worked great for us. We missed them on our last trip due to rain so it is a MUST on this trip. Now, it was announced that they are beginning on the 10th. We leave on the 12th and are booked for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue on the 11th. So the 10th is our only chance to see them. Here is the problem, we have ADRs at Le Cellier at 5:50pm on the 10th. We would have to leave dinner and head over to the studios in time to catch the lights before the park closes at 8pm. Any chance of that happening? I have a rental car so I don't have to wait for any buses. Any suggestions? Is this impossible>? And we've never been to Le Cellier so we were looking forward to that too.. UGH! My initial thought is to park at the Beach Club and exit through the Int'l Gateway and jump in the car. I need some INTERCOT help here!

WDWCrazyKaren
10-25-2011, 09:00 AM
I think you could JUST about make it....except....I have serious doubts about getting into LeCellier at exactly 5:50. I think you could eat quickly once you do get in, but sometimes the waits AFTER your ADR can be long. You can certainly drive there quickly, but what time do you have to be in DHS in order to get to the Osborne lights, and then have time to enjoy them? It might be a little tight.

But good luck! I hope you are able to eat at LeCellier AND see the lights!

TinkerbellT421
10-25-2011, 09:53 AM
I agree with Karen about getting your seating at exactly 5:50. Have you tried calling ADR to see if you can get an earlier reservation by any chance? There can always be cancelations. So its worth a shot to see if you can get an earlier ADR. If you want to gaurantee that you see the Osbourne Lights, if it were me, I would call ADR line every day to just check and see if you can get earlier ADR. Or if that doesn't work, take a stroll by LeCellier the day you plan on being there and check with the girl that stands outside the entrance and check to see if there were any no-shows or day of cancelations. The only times we have eaten at LeCellier were due to fluke instances like that. So its worth a try to atleast gaurantee you will get to DHS in time! Good luck and sending pixie dust for luck so that you get your wish to see the lights AND eat at LeCellier!! :mickey:

A Big Kid
10-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Not commenting on whether you can eat in time.

I am commenting on your mode of transportation.

Driving is TOTALY out of the question. By the time you walk through the WS, FW, and then walk to you car, you coukd have walked to DHS from Le Cellier. And i am not even taking into account the drive time PLUS parking and walking through the lot and getting through the turnstyles.

From the international gateway, it is about a 15-20 minute walk to DHS; much faster than the boat.

A good plan might be to drive to DHS early in the day, catch a boat or wall to WS/EPCOT. At the end of the day when you end up at DHS, your car will be there.

rjmdds
10-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Not commenting on whether you can eat in time.

I am commenting on your mode of transportation.

Driving is TOTALY out of the question. By the time you walk through the WS, FW, and then walk to you car, you coukd have walked to DHS from Le Cellier. And i am not even taking into account the drive time PLUS parking and walking through the lot and getting through the turnstyles.

From the international gateway, it is about a 15-20 minute walk to DHS; much faster than the boat.

A good plan might be to drive to DHS early in the day, catch a boat or wall to WS/EPCOT. At the end of the day when you end up at DHS, your car will be there.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. We can walk pretty quickly too.

eam
10-25-2011, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=rjmdds;2219262] Originally, the word was that the Osborne Lights would begin on November 8th which worked great for us.[QUOTE]

Thank you for clarifying this. I thought I had misread something in thinking it started on the 8th-and even told someone here on Intercot that they started on the 8th-and then noticed they were starting on the 10th. I hope you can get over there in time to see them as they are totally awesome. We are taking my grandson to see them for the first time this year, and are so excited. Good luck!

Scar
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Another tip to shorten the walk is to cut through The Boardwalk lobby and come out at the pool.

diz_girl
10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
No parking at the Beach Club all day just to get to EPCOT. Your time limit for resort parking is 3 hours, so unless you are only going to EPCOT to eat at Le Cellier and arrive right before your ADR time, then you can't park at the Beach Club. I believe that the time limit for resort visitors is 3 hours.

rjmdds
10-25-2011, 05:31 PM
No parking at the Beach Club all day just to get to EPCOT. Your time limit for resort parking is 3 hours, so unless you are only going to EPCOT to eat at Le Cellier and arrive right before your ADR time, then you can't park at the Beach Club. I believe that the time limit for resort visitors is 3 hours.

Thanks. I didn't know that.

Yo Mickey!
10-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Another tip to shorten the walk is to cut through The Boardwalk lobby and come out at the pool.

this is good advice but no need to go through the lobby. just head to the boardwalk area and cut through to the pool just left of the art studio place rather than going upstairs to the lobby. you'll see the pool straight ahead. go to the opposite side where they have a walkway to the community center and you will be on the path to the studios.

BrerGnat
10-26-2011, 08:20 AM
I'd just cancel one of the dinner ADR's, personally. I think the Osborn Lights would be WAY more enjoyable.

Barring that, I'd recommend showing up to your LeCellier reservation EARLY. Like, at 5pm. Mention what you'd like to do and see if there is any way possible that they will seat you early. It's worth a shot.

I agree that walking to DHS is the fastest way. From the IG, it will take you about 20 minutes, unless you run. ;)

SBETigg
10-26-2011, 08:43 AM
There's a good chance that the dinner will take longer and you won't get over there. It's a 2 TS meal now, and I've never had one of those take less than two hours. I think you need to decide which is more important to you. If the answer is seeing the lights, then cancel the ADR and don't take the risk. If the answer is the dinner, then give yourself the time to enjoy the meal and maybe, if you show up early for the ADR, it will all go smoothly and you'll make it after all. But there's definitely a risk that this won't work out that you can do both. I would keep trying to change the ADR time.

Checkers
10-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Sending :pixie: that they will make it an EMH night for you then your problem will be solved! That being said, I agree that it will be very close even hoofing it over.

rjmdds
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks everyone. i decided to take the advice of a couple of posters and cancel our ADR to Le Cellier. Le Cellier is there all year round but the Osborne Lights aren't. We don't want to miss them this time. Now we will eat at the Food & Wine Festival and then head over to DHS at our leisure in plenty of time to see the Lights. Thanks again!

Checkers
10-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone. i decided to take the advice of a couple of posters and cancel our ADR to Le Cellier. Le Cellier is there all year round but the Osborne Lights aren't. We don't want to miss them this time. Now we will eat at the Food & Wine Festival and then head over to DHS at our leisure in plenty of time to see the Lights. Thanks again!

:mickey:I think you made the right decision. Have fun!

buzznwoodysmom
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. You can dine at Le Cellier on any trip, but you can only see the lights on trips during that time of year. I think you'll enjoy your evening more if you don't have to stress about fitting it all in. I know how I am, I would stress about it all day and in the end none of it would be worth it to be so stressed out.

And personally I think the F&W festival "meal" sounds much funner than Le Cellier, although I'm not a fan of Le Cellier. Tried it twice and still don't know what all the fuss is about. For me the Osborne Lights are much more worth my time than LC. I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the lights.

rjmdds
10-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks everyone. I feel much better.

jnfr2424
10-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Have a great time at the F&WF just returned recently and of course everything was wonderful! Make sure you end in France or UK so you can get to the IG easily and walk off what you just ate and if you get tired, you can always walk to the Swan and Dolphin causeway and catch the boat there since that is the stop before it gets to DHS! ;)

rjmdds
10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Have a great time at the F&WF just returned recently and of course everything was wonderful! Make sure you end in France or UK so you can get to the IG easily and walk off what you just ate and if you get tired, you can always walk to the Swan and Dolphin causeway and catch the boat there since that is the stop before it gets to DHS! ;)

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. We can't wait! 7 more days!!!:joy: