PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl & CaptJackSparrow's "We're running away!!" wknd getaway pre-trip report...

Dsnygirl
10-25-2011, 01:26 AM
So, the cast of characters has already been named... yes, we are running away, all by ourselves!!

:D

This wknd was a spontaneous decision on our parts... had no inkling of an October trip when we travelled to the World with our girls in August. The short version? We had a wonderful trip with our girls, but life threw us a few mis-steps, and we found ourselves, as a couple, not really enjoying our time away while we were there. Distracted and out of sorts at times, neither of us really felt "in" the trip... and once we got home, we both felt badly about this, and missed feeling like we were together in "our" place.

(Shhhh... a litte secret I can tell before my now 13yr old DD signs on here... my DH said to me as we were discussing all this, "Don't tell the girls this, but as much as I love taking them?? I still consider Disney to be OUR place." :blush:)

So... that being said... I made the comment "I wish we could have a "do over", just us..." To which my DH replied, "I'm there!" :faint: After I completed my double take and stood back up from having fallen on the floor, I said, "Really??" You have to understand... my DH is the FAR more conservative financially of the two of us, so when he said that, I knew just how important it was to him. And it was just as important to me, I just couldn't believe he was really wanting to go back!

So -- fast forward 7 weeks, and here we are -- a mere two days from leaving, and I am so excited I don't know how I am going to sleep the next two nights!!

We don't have any hard and fast plans, we're really just wanting to relax and enjoy some serious downtime having fun, just being together, in our favorite of all places.

That being said -- here are our thoughts...

Thursday, Oct 27

We fly out of Syracuse about 4pm, landing in Orlando about 6:45. We'll jump onto ME, head over to check in for our one night at Pop Century (haven't ever stayed there, thought we'd give it a go for our arrival night to save a little $$, as we're headed over to AKL for our next 3 nights. :cloud9:)

After checking in and dropping off our bags, we'll jump on a bus to DTD... and let the relaxing begin! Margaritas on the boardwalk will be a must, some shopping and sightseeing... dinner at Earl of Sandwich and a stop at Ghirardelli for my DH... maybe one of those new pumpkin dipped pretzels for me. Then back to the resort for some sleep, after we check it out a bit...

Friday, Oct 28

Today we will be automatically checked out of Pop, and we will get ourselves over to AKL in the morning. We don't want to let Disney move our things, as we'd like to get to the resort and check in ourselves, say "We're home!!" and get ourselves settled, poke around a bit. Then it will be off to MK for the rest of the morning/afternoon... depending on the weather, we'll either stay there until we want a break, or if it's not raining yet, we'll head back to AKL for a swim.

For the evening, we're planning on the F&W Festival... SO looking forward to that! Haven't been since '09, and see that some of our favorite dishes are still being served (aka Molten Lava Cake with Bailey's ganache in Ireland... mmmm....) so we can't wait! After Illuminations (our favorite...) we'll head to JellyRolls for some fun, before heading back to AKL and some wine on the balcony before turning in, maybe even a dip in the hot tub.

Saturday, Oct 29

Today, we'll start with either DHS or AK... haven't decided. Guessing the weather when we get up will make up our minds! We'll spend the morning/afternoon there, then head back to AKL for a swim or a hot tub dip before getting dressed for dinner.

I am being surprised for dinner -- :heart: -- I have no idea where I am being taken, except that it is somewhere we have not been before. My DH really wanted to do this for me, as I'm usually the planner extraordinaire for our trips... and he actually came on here for advice and LOVED the help he got! So, to any and all that gave him tips (and no, I didn't look... I promised... ;) ) thank you so much!!

We'll take a change of clothes to dinner, and head to MK for the evening... the park is open 'til 11pm, so that will be awesome! Just love MK at night, and to be on our own? Nice!! (I love, love, LOVE our girls... but to not hear the word "Momma??" 15 thousand times as they want to show me everything they think is SO great will be bliss....)

Hopefully, we won't be too tired for a bit more wine on the balcony before bed....

Sunday, Oct 30

Today, we will start out the opposite of whatever we chose to do yesterday... so we'll spend the day at either AK or DHS, relax as much as possible, and then head back to AKL for a swim in the afternoon.

In the evening, we'll be off to Epcot for the F&W Fest again! Two times in one trip -- woohoo!! I won't want to get anywhere NEAR a scale when we get home.... :blush:

Tonight, Epcot closes at 9 after Illuminations, and that's probably a good thing... we get picked up at 0530 the next morning!! But, I'm thinking that still won't stop us from finishing that bottle of wine and one last hot tub stop... we can sleep on the plane, right??

Monday, Oct 31

So, like I said... today we get picked up before God is awake, and dropped off at MCO for a 7:30 flight. We get home about 10am, and I'll drop my DH off at work for a short day, and then home to say a HUGE thank you to my MiL, who will then head back home to Buffalo. I'm sure I will crash for a bit before unpacking... but before long, my girls will be pouncing on me from school... wanting to hear everything, see what we brought (that's the one condition of them happily "letting" us leave them for Disney.... a few little things from Mickey....) and then my DH will arrive home early so we can all get ready for a Disney dinner (Boma's seafood couscous stew... yummm...) & then it will be off for some trick-or-treating!! :mpumpkin:

Mickey'sGirl
10-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Fabulous Blythe! I hope you have a terrific holiday!

SBETigg
10-25-2011, 09:03 AM
This is great! You're going to love it-- and you're going to wish you had a few more days of it. But it's all good. Enjoy!

disney obsessed
10-25-2011, 09:09 AM
I LOVE spur of the moment trips! Once, we decided to go to DW on the way home from a soccer game saturday afternoon and left sunday morning!

Have a great time!

faline
10-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Blythe - how nice that you and your husband will get in an adult only trip! What fun you'll have!

RedSoxFan
10-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Have a wonderful time!!:mickey:

Nascfan
10-25-2011, 12:55 PM
What a great time you have planned. Have fun! :mickey:

Ms. Mode
10-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Sounds GREAT! Hope you have a wonderful time. :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
10-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Have a great time.:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
That sounds heavenly!!! I am so jealous and envious.

Have a wonderful trip re-discovering your "place of all places".

Love it! :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
10-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Have a wonderful long weekend. The F&W Festival is alot of fun especially without children. Enjoy.

Kairi_7378
10-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Wow... an "Adult" trip! Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about it!

princessgirls
10-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Have a great trip Blythe!!

Enjoy every minute!!!

Julie:mickey:

BriarRose0708
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
So glad you guys get to have a "take two"! Sounds like a great long weekend away. Enjoy a magical time! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
10-27-2011, 08:27 AM
:thanks: Thanks for all the good thoughts... only a few hours to go 'til we're on the plane. It's supposed to snow here, and get down into the 20's at night while we're gone, so bring on the sun & the warmth!! :woohoo: :vacation:

Suz36
10-29-2011, 08:42 PM
A Disney do-over - how fantastic! I'm sure you're having a wonderful time, and you did indeed escape the snow!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-01-2011, 09:42 AM
That sounds great to me:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
11-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi Blythe!
So happy we got to meet this month!! I have to say though, it threw me for a loop when you "recognized" me..I was taken totally off guard, hope I didn't look like a bumbling fool!! Haha!! You and your DH were wonderful to meet, my only regret is not taking a picture together. I looked for you around DHS after that, but it didn't happen...thanks for taking the time to see if "that was me'. it was a really cool suprise!!!
Lisa

Dsnygirl
11-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi Blythe!
So happy we got to meet this month!! I have to say though, it threw me for a loop when you "recognized" me..I was taken totally off guard, hope I didn't look like a bumbling fool!! Haha!! You and your DH were wonderful to meet, my only regret is not taking a picture together. I looked for you around DHS after that, but it didn't happen...thanks for taking the time to see if "that was me'. it was a really cool suprise!!!
Lisa

:) You and your family are lovely - it was great to be able to see you and say hello! And I bet quite a few people recognize you now & again - the pictures you put in your trip reports are so good, I'd recognize you guys anywhere! I thought of the missed picture afterwards, as well -- there will just have to be a "next time" now! Hope you had a great trip... can't wait for the trip report!