PDA

View Full Version : March 2012?

Spacegirl
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I have been to Disney many times but I have never been for spring break. I keep seeing things about it being the most crowded around mid March, but is it just absolutely crazy? How does mid march compare to summer time? We are going to be at Disney from March 10-16.

LVT
10-24-2011, 08:55 PM
We used to have that slot. Week 2 is busy and week 3 is busier.
Due to the mellower weather, the crowds do not bother me as much as in the hotter seasons.
Plan well, getting up for early EMH and using Fast passes to makes it easier.
Pools and waterparks are heated, but watch for the sunnier/ warmer days.
It may get very crowded, but your friends here will drown you in tips, if asked.
:cool:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-25-2011, 09:26 AM
We've only been during the spring break time once. That will be it for us. Just too darn busy for our tastes. We prefer colder weather to big crowds. That said, you are on the early side of spring break for 2012, so it might not be as busy as a few weeks after that.

You'll have a great time!

Sunshine1010
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
My family and I went during the Spring Break 'season' and swore we'd never do it again.

I know that everyone has their own opinion as to what 'crowded' is...but this was ridiculous. To cross the little wooden bridge from Splash Mountain to head towards Adventure Land.....it took us 30 minutes to go that distance. Then, one night after the MK fireworks,...we headed back over the bridge to go to Tomorrowland..and we were at a standstill for almost 10 minutes...then it took 20 minutes to get over the bridge.

These are just two examples. We swore we'd never do it again.

Now....that being said. Guess what? We're going in March 2012 during the Spring Break season. BUT...we are doing it different this year.

It will NOT be a hectic vacation. We will NOT go tot he parks like we usually do (to do everything). We have ZERO stress about it. Why? Because on this trip, we decided to take a different approach. We will sleep late every day, go where our hearts tell us to. We plan on doing the 'lesser' popular things. And also, plan on doing the organized things that we never do. Like the Safari Tour, Mini golf, perhaps the Petty Experience, swimming a lot, Disney Quest, the eat-in movie theatre, Cirque De Soleil. Going to the parks at night (or...perhaps sometimes early morning and then go do something else when it gets crowded). We already booked the Luau, Narcoossee's, the Fantasmic Deal at Mama Melrose, and one night will be at Epcot to try the new Via Napoli. The other nights we'll eat at the restaurants at other resorts so we can explore.

In a nutshell...we aren't going to be at the parks every day. It's just too busy. So, this trip will be all new stuff for us. Looking at Disney in a different way.

Frog
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Thats what we did on our March trip and it worked out wonderfully! It was also our first trip. When we left, we had things we did'nt get done.. so on the way home we began to plan our next trip! Stay calm, do what your hearts tell ya to do, and enjoy!

faberj
10-27-2011, 09:26 AM
We went once in March over spring break, but it was because DH was going for a convention. Easter was early that year too and we left the day after Easter so it was VERY CROWDED!!! I toured the parks on my own during the day and it was manageable but at night when DH could come to the parks it was CRAZY, long waits for EVERYTHING. I never wanted to go during that time agian, but in all honesty if the opportunity came along and DH had a convention in March I would go in a heartbeat, it is WDW after all! :mickey: