PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time at AKL

beksy
10-24-2011, 01:50 PM
We are staying at the AKL for the first time on our December trip. Actually we have never even visited the resort so it will be a new experience. What information/tips/advice can you give me? We have a standard room booked. Is there a particular room area that you would suggest? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :blush:

c&d
10-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I can't help you with the room choice. When we booked a standard room they upgraded us.

Take time to explore the resort it's one of my favorites. Watch all the animals from the different places in the lodge.

Sit around the outdoor fire at night. Savor the smell of the indoor fire. I loved the gift shop, there were so many unique things to purchase.

The resort is beautiful when it's decorated for the holidays. The tree was just spectacular.

From where our room was it was quite a walk to the bus stop, so leave some extra time. We found that we never made it directly to the bus stop, we were always stopping to look at the animals.

Mogie
10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Have dinner at Jiko. Its awesome.

DizneyRox
10-25-2011, 12:57 PM
AKL is probably the best resort on property. Around XMas it gets even better. Just enjoy the resort.

BugeyedMuggy
10-25-2011, 05:15 PM
If you have the time at check-in you recieve a checklist of animals at Jambo and Kadani. It gives you a chance to spend time with the family, see lots of animals and keep track of the ones you find and you get to visit both resorts. Bring binoculars if you have them. My most favorite thing about Jambo is the hot tubs. They are set back from the pool and early morning when it's cool they are very warm and quiet. Storytime by the outdoor fire is fun as are the night vision goggles. This resort is our absolute favorite if we want to spend time at the resort. We also booked standard and were upgraded to savana view. Have a great time and take the time to enjoy.

BrowncatP
10-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Make sure you look at all of the activities that the AKL offers. I didn't pay attention to the paper they give you at check-in, and missed somethings I would of liked to do.

Disney4
10-26-2011, 02:10 PM
AKL is by far our most favorite resort. We will be there in December too!

I like the Zebra trail and try book there.

The pool is awesome - it is a zero entry pool (you just walk into it from the sidewalk.)

Other than the boardwalk, I think I have seen more impromptu entertainment at AKL than anywhere else. There are drummers, spontaneous parades with the kids in the gift shop and lobby, animal viewing and much more.

The Christmas decorations are the most unique theme and really add a lot to the overall experience.

Enjoy!