PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading tickets to AP Question

beksy
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM
We are going to be in WDW in the parks for 13 days. Since we are also going to be going again within a year, we are upgrading our 10 day park hoppers to an AP. I have done this before. My question is, I have a one day park ticket from a previous trip (had to buy a 1 day ticket to get the discount but had APs). Is it possible to combine the 1 day ticket with the 10 day tickets and then use the money that I have paid for all 11 days toward the AP? Is there any way that it would be possible to do this, if that does not work or are we still going to just have the 1 day standard ticket to use sometime in the future?

I hope I'm making sense and TIA! :mickey:

faline
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I do not believe you can combine tickets towards an upgrade. You could use the 1 day ticket at the beginning of your trip and then upgrade your 10 day passes which would push your annual pass expiration date out by a day since you'll do a later purchase?

Fangorn
10-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Technically, the answer is no - you can't upgrade an existing ticket and also apply another ticket. Having said that, I have personally had the CM (a manger) do it - albeit in a rather round about way.

While you can go to any Guest Services desk, I'd suggest you go to Guest Services at Downtown Disney when they're not busy and ask. My experiences with the CMs there have always been stellar. The worst thing that can happen is they say "no".

Steve

beksy
10-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Technically, the answer is no - you can't upgrade an existing ticket and also apply another ticket. Having said that, I have personally had the CM (a manger) do it - albeit in a rather round about way.

Could you give me more info or send a PM about the round about method you were able to use? Thanks!

Fangorn
10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Tiffany,

I sent you a PM with the particulars of what Guest Relations did for us.

Steve