PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day

CosmicRay
10-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Just had to share my excitement! We bought into DVC and are going to WDW in 10 days!!! We are so excited! DH and I are taking friends with us so it won't be our usual pace and routine with them. We also bought AP's this year as well. We figured we would just make the most of it and go again in February! Sorry just had to share my excitement!!!

We've never been in Feb. And I wondered if it is crowded on Valentines Day? And what is the weather like.

faline
10-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Valentine's Day is in the time frame that leading up to Presidents' Day weekend but we''ve found that week before (until the weekend itself to be quite manageable. Weather is variable. On one trip, we spent a few days off site and spent a full day at the pool as it was so lovely and warm. Once we moved to Disney World, unfortunately, things got rather chilly and we never used the pool at our resort there.

If you plan on a table service meal on Valentine's Day, you better get a reservation before you get there. We ate at Citrico's for Valentine's day and saw any number of people getting turned away. They were all being referred to quick service venues as there was no avaialbility at table service restaurants any where.

Congrats on your DVC membership!

CosmicRay
10-24-2011, 12:16 AM
I made ADRs a couple of months ago. At the time, I was trying to get in to the Plaza - we have never eaten there and I wanted to try something new on Valentines. They had nothing available, so I got Liberty Tree which is a family fav.

I called back later just to see if they had anything for the Plaza during our stay, and they said they had one time slot open at 4:00 on Valentines Day. It seemed like this would be my only option, so I took it.