PDA

View Full Version : Pre-trip Report: Sammy turns 5!

gokatgo
10-23-2011, 11:43 AM
We've doing some basic planning since February but now with a month to go, the planning is getting serious!

We are going with:
DU - Richard
DA- Faye
DH - Steve
myself - Kathee
DD - Mimi, 9
DS - Ben, 8
DS - Sammy - turning 5 on this trip

Here are the basics, I'll add more as we have it and please give us your comments and/or suggestions!!

11/24: Fly out of San Diego, arrive about 4:30.
Check into Port Orleans, Riverside
Thanksgiving Dinner at Boatwrights
After dinner: carriage ride, boat to DD or swimming? Any suggestions?

11/25: Morning at resort. Beignets for breakfast, fishing at the fishing hole, swimming, boat to DD to pick up tickets (our package starts on 11/27 and we have been told you can pick up tickets up to two days early at Guest Services - has anyone done this?)
Afternoon - golf at Fantasia Gardens
Evening at The Boardwalk. Dinner at ESPN or suggestions anyone?
Rent a surrey bike
Movie at The Beach Club? Anyone know if they do this at this time of year?

11/26: Animal Kingdom. Anything fun and new we should see? Last visit was 3 years ago and super hot so we didn't stay long!
Dinner at Boma at AKL

11/27: Check out of POR
Boat to Downtown Disney
Lunch at TREX
Bus to Wilderness Lodge. Check in and our free dining package begins!
Meet up with DU and DA, flying in from Philly.
Head to DHS for Fantasmic, and Osborne Family Lights. Dinner packages are sold out but there are two Fantasmic showings. Anyone have an opinion on if we will have a hard time seeing one of the shows? It is EMH that night. We also want to try to see Lights Motors Action for Sammy - he is a Cars fanatic!!

11/28: Back to DHS
Lunch at Sci Fi Dine In
Dinner at Whispering Canyon
DH and I have a date night - we will do a "drinks around the Lagoon tour", we did this years ago and possibly head down for dancing at The Boardwalk if we have the energy!

11/29: Magic Kingdom including Very Merry Christmas Party that night

11/30: Epcot
8:00 princess breakfast at Akershus
1:30 Chefs de France
7:30 Rose and Crown - we are hoping to sit there long enough for Illuminations. Ugh, I just looked and it's at 9:30, that's going to be tough! Any opinions?

12/1: Epcot
We will do Future World Today and have dinner at Marrakesh.

12/2: Sammy's Birthday = Magic Kingdom!
8:05 Breakfast at Crystal Palace
We are thinking about the Pirate dress up thing, anyone done it?
We have dinner at Ohana at 5:20.
We are thinking about the Pirate Fireworks cruise, anyone done this?

12/3: Day at Wilderness Lodge. We will swim, explore and head over to Fort Wilderness too. I want to look for the hidden mickeys - anyone done this? Anything else we shouldn't miss?
6:15 Hoop Dee Doo!! We love this show!

12/4: Check out and head to Port Caneveral for 4 night cruise on the Dream!

We have reservations for Palo one night - does anyone have advice on how you can know when your dining rotation will hit a duplicate restaurant? We don't want to miss any.
We are doing a glass bottom boat ride in Nassau and the bat rays at Castaway Cay. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks for reading!!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-23-2011, 02:42 PM
sOUNDS GREAT! CAN I COME?

faline
10-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Wow! What a great trip you have planned! Two resorts at Disney and a cruise as well! Enjoy!

emerzmom
10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Sounds wonderful!!!! You might want to take the monorail to the GF to check out the holiday Gingerbread House. It should be up during the time you are there.
I look forward to your trip reports!
:mickey:
Julie

gokatgo
10-25-2011, 09:51 AM
I was just reading about the gingerbread house - that will be a must see! Thanks!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Sounds like a great trip you've planned:mickey: