PDA

View Full Version : New here with a few questions

Ericas
10-22-2011, 09:46 PM
What can you tell me about the dinning plan?
Do I need to book my table service meals now?
We booked CRT and cape may cafe.
First time going and so much more questions to come!

DisneyMom12
10-22-2011, 10:19 PM
:welcome: If you are able to book your table service meals, than do it. The earlier you do it the better the chances you get what you want.

retiredfigment
10-23-2011, 07:43 AM
How many are going to be on the plan. The bigger the party the earlier you should make reservations. Last visit, just my daughter and I and we were able to make a couple last minute reservations. Lunch is easier to get. Absolutely loved Cape May Cafe.

Going2HeavenRU
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Definitely book as soon as you can. It is amazing how fast the restaurants fill up.

We are trying Cape May for the first time this year. I hope you have a great time.

faline
10-23-2011, 04:41 PM
When is your trip? If your trip is closer than 180 days and, if you're going at a very busy time of year, you may already have a difficult time getting reservations at some of the more popular restaurants.

If your trip is more than 180 days away, plan to make your reservations as soon as you hit that mark though I suspect you are within your 180 day window as you mention already having booked a couple of reservations.

Ericas
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Its a little less than 180 but not by much. We are going in mid-April!

TinkerbellT421
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
First of all....:welcome: to Intercot!

If you are in the 180 mark I would definitely try to make as many adr's as possible. I know it stinks to constantly have the schedule, but with free DDP available its very difficult to get walk up restaurants if you are set on eating somewhere in particular. DBF and I dont plan every meal, but we do have a list of "must-eat-at" restaurants and always make adr's for those and the wing the rest of the meals dependant on where we are. Sometimes you can get lucky with walk-ups but it is very rare. I saw you say that you are going Mid-April, which is a busy time of year I do not have a calendar in front of me but I do believe mid-april is what a lot of states have as "Spring vacation" so its a very typical time to vacation but very busy in Disney. So the busier it is the more difficult to get walk-up's for any type of "sit down" meals.
When you check in they will see on your reservation that you are on the DDP they will provide you with the brochure of restaurants that participate in DDP. Not all of the restaurants except DDP. If you need any suggestions of restaurants or see what the have for meals, you can see the menus for each here: http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp

If you want any other details in regards to DDP you can find that info here: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp