PDA

View Full Version : The "I want to go to Chattanooga" girl goes national

Goofy4TheWorld
10-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Twice today I have seen non-local media attention of the YouTube video of a young brother and sister being told that Mom and Dad had lied about going to Chattanooga for Fall Break but they were actually going to Disney World, after which the young girl pouts and says she wants to go to Chattanooga not Disney.

Since I practically live in Chattanooga I found it neat to see national mention of Chattanooga and was wondering if anyone out their on Intercot had heard of the video?

DizneyRox
10-22-2011, 08:07 AM
I saw it, although I actually thought it was staged and didn't want to give them any more attention. Seems there's one of these videos every year, almost like clock work.

My three year old is already asking to go back, It's been a while since we've been too didn't think he'd know the difference.

Scar
10-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Pardon me boy?

Donald
10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Pardon me boy?

:rotfl:

Basket Mommy
10-22-2011, 09:55 AM
It was on our local (SC) news the other night. I've been to Chattanooga a few times, and no offense, but I don't understand why someone would choose it over Disney ; )

We surprised our kids with a trip this past May. We had been telling them that my husband and I were taking an anniversary trip to Sanibel, FL and they'd be staying with my parents for a week. In reality we were taking them to Disney. For a brief minute or two after we told them the truth, the younger two were a little miffed that they weren't going to the grandparents' house, but they quickly got over it. I can totally see how a kid would be upset if they've built up another destination in their minds and you spring a different idea on them. They don't adjust as quickly to new ideas as adults do.

DizneyRox
10-22-2011, 11:34 AM
It was on our local (SC) news the other night. I've been to Chattanooga a few times, and no offense, but I don't understand why someone would choose it over Disney
Glad someone else thought the same thing.

I picture Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar in front of a picture of Chattenooga and Wayne saying, "Hi. I'm in Chattanooga..."

Goofy4TheWorld
10-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Pardon me boy?

:rotfl:

Can someone please clue me in?

:confused:

Goofy4TheWorld
10-22-2011, 11:57 AM
...but I don't understand why someone would choose it over Disney ; )

Me either!

I don't think I will ever surprise my son because he is so stubborn I know he would do the exact same thing.

Patricia
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
I've actually had this happen to me. When Zac (my youngest) was 6, we drove to Vancouver and told him we would go to the aquarium while we were there. The next morning it was raining so we said we were going to WDW instead.

He cried...

said we were all lying because we didn't want to go to the aquarium. I had to finally get out plane tickets to get him and his luggage into a cab for the airport and he was still very upset with me at the airport. On the plane it finally started to sink in that he was going to WDW and he started to smile. Of course we had to rush over to the Living Seas.. I decided no more surprises after that.

badkitty
10-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Can someone please clue me in?

:confused:

:mickey: It's a Glenn Miller song that is now stuck in my head. :)

"Pardon me boy,
Is that the Chattanooga choo-choo?
Track 29..."

Scar
10-22-2011, 03:40 PM
"...oh you can give me a shine."