PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Theatre restaurant-DHS?

minnie-mouse
10-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Do you need a reservation for lunch at this restaurant or is it counter service? My kids really want to go and eat while sitting in the cars.

KarenP
10-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Sci-Fi is a sit down meal, not a counter service. I would suggest making a reservation. The atmosphere is really fun. I bet your kids love it.

Renfairwedding
10-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Don't chance it and make a reservation. We always do and are happy we did as we watch them turn walk-ins away.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-20-2011, 03:08 PM
We've seen a lot of folks turned away too. I've heard of other who went and advised they just want to order dessert, so they were seated at the picnic tables in the back. You could try, but it's so much more fun to eat in the cars!

Go ahead and make the ADR. The food is mediocre, but the atmosphere is awesome! And most of the meals can be split-another place where you get too much food.

CosmicRay
10-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I thought the atmosphere was fun and worth the $ for a one time deal. But DH was disappointed in the food, he thought there'd be more for the money. But for the kids, it's worth every cent!

Renfairwedding
10-20-2011, 07:26 PM
And most of the meals can be split-another place where you get too much food.

This reminded me... We share the ruban sandwich and a shake. They were cool and brought out the order on two plates with frys without asking.

EJS-Houston
10-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I concur with everyone above: the food is merely competent, but regard this as an attraction rather than a restaurant. You might even consider making a reservation for dessert only. That way you don't spend a fortune on merely competent food, but still get to experience the unique attraction with your kids.

BeccaO
10-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I will echo what everyone has said above. The food is so so but the atmosphere is worth a try to see what it's like and let the kids experience it. We have tried this place a couple times over the years, and it is lacking in the food department. I think what pulls people in is that it's a unique dining experience. The only way you will find out and decide for yourself is to try it!! But you do definately need reservations to get into this restaurant!! We dined here last December and that will hold us over for the next few years, too many other excellent choices in all of WDW!!! ;)

Mickey'sGirl
10-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Actually there is a very very good smoked Turkey sandwich with avacado may that you can get at Sci Fi. My husband and I split one in August, and both of us really enjoyed it.

We have done walk up the last couple of times we have eaten at Sci Fi. I actually prefer to sit at the picnic tables at the back, and we have been able to sit there with minimal wait even during very busy times. It is lovely and cool in the Sci Fi, and the movie clips are so fabulously awful!

SugarMagnolia
10-21-2011, 11:23 AM
We went in early May this year and were turned away. Make an ADR.

LudwigVonDrake
10-23-2011, 05:23 PM
You need a reservation for the most part because it's quite popular.

faline
10-23-2011, 05:25 PM
We've been successful as a walk-up from time to time but if this is on your must-do list, I echo the others and say you should make a reservation.

magicofdisney
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Either we're not picky (not likely) or the cook's were on their A game because all of our food was fantastic. We had reservations so that was a non-issue. This September was our first time there and we'll be regulars now. :mickey:

minnie-mouse
10-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Great, thanks we will make an ADR for this one then.:mickey: