PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort??

disneyfan328
10-20-2011, 07:51 AM
I need some help - we have the possibility of staying at CBR for 2 nights at the beginning of our stay. I would love to try this resort because it looks beautifull and I think the kids would love it!

My questions are this - the "preferred rooms" are not available with the current discounts offered - which is how we are able to stay there for these 2 nights - (this would be martinique bldg 25 - 26 and probably the trinidad buildings as well ). We were thinking of a pirate room, but they are way too far away from everything (my son and I both have some serious health issues so being close to bus stop /food area etc is important to us.

how far of a walk is it from the Jamaica buildings over that island to where the food court is? There is a possibility of requesting a room in this area - although I know that its not a guarantee - I am just trying to decide whether or not we can do this.:confused:

I also read that there is a dedicated resort bus? How often does that run? Will it take us and our luggage to our rooms at check in?

Any info you can provide on this resort would be helpful as we have only stayed at values and one stay at POR.

Thanks

Scar
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
It depends on where your building is. It could be anywhere from a few minutes to 10 mins.

When I stayed there 11 years ago. There was no dedicated bus. The park buses circled the resort and that's how you get to the food court.

I seem to remember leaving our luggage at check-in and they delivered it.

disneyfan328
10-20-2011, 09:06 AM
we are going to try and request the jamaica building room near the bridge - again, I know its only a request so if we were to get that any idea how close that is?

Scar
10-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Less than a quarter mile.

minnie-mouse
10-20-2011, 01:26 PM
When we stayed at CBR we have always requested the Jamaica building and got it. The walk to OPR food court is easy. It take like 5-7 minutes. My 2 year old walked it every morning and afternoon. A very enjoyable walk too, very nice grounds at CBR.

Silver_Surfer
10-22-2011, 11:35 AM
We stayed at South Trinidad and wondered the same thing. Nice relaxed atmosphere and scenery. I never had to tell myself I was on vaction:cloud9:

Fangorn
10-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Make sure that Disney knows of your medical issues, as they will take that into account. DW had major back surgery (I guess that's somewhat redundant, huh?) a few years back and we've always been given a ground floor room close to bus stops whenever we've needed it and had the medical need listed on our reservation. The one time I neglected to mention it, the original room would not have worked well, and they were able to move us to a better room.

Steve

disneyfan328
10-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks - we are booking through Magical Journeys and they have noted the medical issues on our reservation so hopefully that will help! I must say I am getting more excited for this vacation now that we are going to get to try a different resort:cloud9:. January can't get here fast enough.:mickey:

Noah's Helper
10-23-2011, 09:49 PM
I also read that there is a dedicated resort bus? How often does that run? Will it take us and our luggage to our rooms at check in?

You cannot take your luggage on the resort bus; bell services will deliver your luggage to your room, and pick it up at the end of your stay.

disneyfan328
10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
You cannot take your luggage on the resort bus; bell services will deliver your luggage to your room, and pick it up at the end of your stay.

thanks. luggage will be delivered by DME and on our check out it will be headed over to ASMovie so hopefully there won't be any issues with that.

buzznwoodysmom
10-25-2011, 04:44 PM
We've stayed at CBR twice and really enjoyed it both times. My boys are huge fans of the pool at this resort. It's probably their favorite resort pool on property. The grounds are beautiful!

We've only stayed in the pirate rooms, and while they are the farthest from the food court and pool the walk didn't bother us at all. I'd say it was a 10 minute walk for us to get to the pool or food court. Of course you mentioned health issues so it may be too far of a walk for you guys. However, there are bus stops at each different "island" or section of the resort. No matter which section your in you will have a bus stop not too far from your room. The pool and food court will really be the only thing you'd have to walk far to get to. We tend to only use the food court if we are at the pool during mealtime, so we didn't spend a ton of time walking back and forth for food. If your a food court breakfast kind of person I could see how the walk would get tiring after a few days.

I hope you have a great time and enjoy CBR!

RAIDER
10-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Weve been 3 times and stayed at
Barbados ( near the entrance and ok if you have a car to hit Port Royale and it seemed quieter than the other quarters )

Trinidad South right at the opposite end and

Jamacia .This is probably the most central

We loved our stays there the place is near DTD and the atmosphere of the resort is so relaxing with the caribbean music being played softly in the background ..You will have a great time for sure :thumbsup: