PDA

View Full Version : Watching The Big Game

Scar
10-19-2011, 04:26 PM
There are a couple of threads here about where to watch the World Series at WDW. It got me thinking. If my team is in a big game and for sure the championships, I'm watching either in my house (or hotel room,) or at a friends where no party is going on. I don't want any distractions.

So where do you prefer to watch your team in a big game?

ETA: Oh, and when I say no party, I mean no non fans yapping in the backgroud.

ETA again: I mean if you can't be there in person.

Ian
10-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, Jeff. ITA.

Hair_Razor
10-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Agree. I prefer watching my team (OSU Buckeyes, I know not baseball) at my house or low key at a friends house. I actually don't like to be at the games because I like catching the replays and yelling at Mark May during half time! However 1 time we were at Disney during the game and went to the Boardwalk to watch it and met some fellow Buckeyes that worked at the school where my friends husband is principal, So that was fun.
GO BUCKS!!!!:number1:

Hammer
10-19-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm in same camp. I much prefer to watch my team in the privacy of my own home, as I am one of those people who scream at the TV during a game :) . However, that does not always work out. Case in point- I always attend the Food and Wine festival in October (it is too cold for me and my sister in November) and have to book my DVC room 7 months out to get in at Beach Club or Boardwalk. As the baseball season has not even started, we have no way of knowing if the Phillies will be in the playoffs. So in 2008 we were at WDW for the later games of the League Championship Series (we had tickets for game 1 of the 2008 NLCS so we did not miss it). I watched the Phillies clinch the NL pennant at the ESPN Club (we actually met with John) and it was a lot of fun. Remember, you can't get TBS in the WDW hotel rooms. Not sure I would want to do it again, but it was fun experience.

indytraveler
10-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Fall Breaks usually coincide with a mini vacation and World Series or Playoff baseball games. Funny how my team, Cubs, are never really involved. However, on that rare occasion I'm definitely in my hotel room by myself, and with family. However, as a baseball fan, particularly playoff baseball I'd still have to watch by myself or with my son. Too much to teach about the game in a public setting. I need tivo so I can rewind what I want to rewind. Hotel rooms aren't so good for that. :D