PDA

View Full Version : Mama, Where's the Tiki Room? Part 5 (Sept 6)

Kairi_7378
10-18-2011, 09:06 PM
The Plan: Hollywood Studios in the AM, nap in the afternoon, park of DH’s choice in the PM
Food Plans: Lunch at the Pepper Market
Pedometer Reading: 12.2 miles

What Actually Happened:
We were woken up at 3:00 in the morning by a loud THUMP (snore snore). David, who was sleeping in a big bed for the first time on this trip, rolled out of the bed. He didn’t even wake up. The next morning, DH called the front desk and asked if we could have some bed rails installed on the bed. A gentleman from maintenance arrived within 10 minutes and installed the rails. After some coffee and cereal, we headed out to the Studios, arriving about a half hour before the park opened. It was another hot and humid day… probably the most humid of the trip.

We participated in the opening ceremony, and sent Ben to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania. By the time he got his fast passes (for 9:40!) the line for the FP machines was past One Man’s Dream. Just to give you an idea of crowds, the longest wait that we saw for anything that day was in the 20-30 minute range for RnRC and ToT; however, the shortest line that we saw for TSM was 50 minutes, and most of the day it was 70 minutes.

While we waited for our FP time, we rode on the Great Movie Ride (with the best CMs we’d ever had on that ride, really into the parts) and visited with Chip and Dale in front of the Hat. David dropped his hat on the way over to meet the chipmunks, and Chip picked it up and put it on his head. They were very playful. David saw Pluto and he HAD to meet him, too. The sky was very gray and the CMs were warning us that the characters may have to leave early due to the weather, so we bypassed Tigger (who we’d already met yesterday) and saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Cute as always. I can see this being a training show for Finding Nemo at the AK.

We headed over to Star Tours in a light drizzle and found the Storm Troopers out. Ben went to ride Star Tours and David announced that he needed to hug a Storm Trooper. When a Storm Trooper came over and stood above him, David’s eyes got very big. The sky opened up, so I dashed into Star Traders to wait for DH. The store got VERY crowded as people exited the ride and didn’t want to go outside. I braved the rain to walk onto Star Tours and encountered a Storm Trooper on the ramp, who wouldn’t let me up the ramp until I cowered a little! After this we visited the Muppets and then went to meet Lightening and Mater, who were a little loud for David’s taste. We used our TSM Fast Passes and still had a 15 minute wait to get on the ride. That ride is a major bottleneck! I’m glad that we got to ride it but I don’t think it’s worth the 70 minute wait that some people had to get on. Beautiful cue, though.

We decided to eat lunch at Backlot Express, grab FPs for ToT, and head to Lights, Motors, Action (Ben’s favorite show.) Ben enjoyed his burger and fries but I think that my salad was one of the worst things that I have eaten in a theme park, ever. The lettuce was slimy and limp. I probably should have returned the salad but I was starting to feel a little tired at this point. I wish that we’d stuck to our plan of eating at the resort this day!
After securing our FP’s we headed to the LMA theater and parked the stroller. David wanted to play on the steps of the stadium and then had a total meltdown when I said no. Luckily, we were in the top row and the show was so loud that I don’t many people saw or heard. He calmed down a little bit when Lightening McQueen rolled in, and then he passed out in my lap. We used this nap time to ride ToT and RnRC. I used my fast pass for the Tower, however, there seems to have been some sort of problem because I had to wait 30 minutes to ride. I got moved up in the cue slightly because I was a single rider. David woke up as we were passing the animation studio so we tried to get a picture taken with Sorcerer Mickey. Since it was raining, a lot of people seemed to have the same idea and the line too was long but David had spotted Pooh so we went to see him. (I was a little sad to see that Remy was no longer doing Meet and Greets but I understand that the movie is a bit old for that now.) Pooh was great, played pat-a-cake and gave lots of hugs.

After a little bit of browsing in the stores we headed to the exit and I took a survey offered by one of the CMs to rate my day in DHS. Then we rode the boat to Epcot. Ben wanted to get off the boat and walk from the Swan and Dolphin because he’d enjoyed the walk on the Boardwalk on Day 3, but I was still feeling a bit tired. Ben and David both ended up falling asleep on the boat and it started to drizzle again. I was glad that we’d squeezed Fantasmic into our first day!

We entered at the International Gateway and wandered around the WS for a while. We tried a rainbow kaki-gori at the new Kabuki Café in Japan after wandering through the shops. I took a lot of pictures and I looked at the Beads for Life booth. We wandered back to Mexico and rode el Rio Del Tiempo again. We walked over to Future World. I grabbed FPs for Test Track while Ben and David went to Club Cool. We met up and rode on Spaceship Earth, and then played with a lot of the games and things that were available after the ride. We had dinner at Sunshine Seasons and David waved goodbye to the seagulls since we probably weren’t going to make it back to Epcot, which started to make me feel sad! We liked the Mongolian Beef at Sunshine Seasons- spicy and good quality beef.

We walked to Test Track and took turns riding. I was on the last car of the night with 2 young girls who made me feel pretty old! Ben wanted to go to Downtown Disney after Illuminations were over, but I didn’t want to take David out shopping late that night. We were quickly able to get onto a bus and were soon in our room.

Next Up: Day 7, Magic Kingdom!

faline
10-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Another nice day! Glad your son was able to get a nap in. Sounds like it was needed on this day!

When we traveled with my brother's family a couple of years ago, my nephew was 2 at the time. They did get the bed rails for him right at the start of the trip but he still managed to squirm around them and fall out of bed between the wall and the bed. Scared the life out of my brother who initially couldn't even find him!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the report, glad David didn't get hurt rolling out of bed:mickey:

wildernesslady
10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Seems like another fun day. Aren't the beads for life great. I bought quite a few for holiday gifts.

vizsla
10-27-2011, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
10-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: