PDA

View Full Version : Suprised- wonder if it is true?

eire
10-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I called WDW reservations today to make a reservation for one night at the Polynesian during the week after Easter. We are FL residents just going to meet up with friends for a day... Anyway, the reservations agent told me that FL resident discounts for these dates would come out in January or February. I had always read that there are not any discounts at Easter time. Do you think he told me correct info???

DizneyRox
10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
I think they meant, IF they come out, that's typically when they would reelase them. The people on the phone really don't have any clue as to if/when discounts may be released. And that's by design... Disney doesn't need rogue employee telling guests to call back later and get a cheaper rate.

They may hear rumors, but if you want the truth, speak to the bus drivers...

SBETigg
10-19-2011, 07:46 AM
They may hear rumors, but if you want the truth, speak to the bus drivers...

I've had bus drivers spewing out chronic misinformation. I wouldn't trust most of the bus drivers, or even CMs. You can look in the historic discounts (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp)section at Info Central and get a better idea of what they have offered in the past. But that hasn't been updated since 2009.

Mousemates
10-19-2011, 09:05 AM
I've had bus drivers spewing out chronic misinformation. I wouldn't trust most of the bus drivers, or even CMs.

certainly good advice...though I think Disneyrox was speaking with tongue firmly pressed into cheek. :)

SBETigg
10-19-2011, 09:26 AM
certainly good advice...though I think Disneyrox was speaking with tongue firmly pressed into cheek. :)

Yeah, it was early. After coffee... clarity.

DizneyRox
10-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Pre coffee humor is always underappreciated... Truth be told, I hadn't had mine yet either, so we're even.

eire
10-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks for your help, all! You are very funny. Although I get your humor, there is some truth to it, too. As a teacher, we always say that it is the maintenance crew that knows everything that goes on in the school! LOL!

I will keep my fingers crossed for FL resident discount the week after Easter!