PDA

View Full Version : Photopass question

tinksmom02
10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
We just received our documents in the mail :mickey: and I noticed they now include a Photopass card. Last trip we got one, too, but I had already pre-purchased the CD and I guess forgot about it.

The directions say to register the card before my trip and I'll "SAVE BIG on photos and more!" My question is: can anyone tell me what these savings are? Does it still make more sense to pre-purchase the CD? Can I use this card if I pre-purchase?

Please help!!

Strmchsr
10-18-2011, 08:21 AM
The savings were getting the offer for the pre-order CD (which I already had), plus they added a bunch of "bonus" pics to my account. Some of them were pretty nice. But, that was it.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
It is my understanding that if you register this PhotoPass card to your online PhotoPass account and then use this card at the parks then you will actually end up getting fewer days to edit your pictures before they expire. Pictures expire 30 days from the date you "claim" your card and if you claim your card before your trip your pictures from day 1 of your trip will expire 30 days later. If you wait to claim your card after your trip is done then you get 30 days from your "claim" date for all of your trip's pictures. This is only a problem if you need a lot of time to get all of your editing done.

As I was typing this it occurred to me a work-around for this problem. If pre-registering this PhotoPass card gets you some free pictures or some kind of discount then claim the card online but don't use it for any pictures (get a new card once you arrive). That way you can claim your new card at then end of your trip and get the full 30 days for your pictures.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-18-2011, 09:41 AM
As to what savings this card pre-registering gives, I have no idea. BUT pre-purchasing the CD is ALWAYS a great idea because 1) you save $50 and 2) if you get home and decide the pictures are not good enough to be worth the $100 fee, Disney will refund your pre-purchase charge! You have nothing to loose by pre-purchasing and will loose $50 if you don't!

brivers222
10-18-2011, 11:01 AM
is it weird that to this day (over a year since we returned from our trip) i keep getting email reminders saying my photos will be deleted... and i can stil log in and see them all... on the site haha

faline
10-18-2011, 06:21 PM
We've gotten this offer before and have never 'pre-registered'. On our last trip, we pre-purchased the CD and I was also provided with an offer for bonus pictures.