PDA

View Full Version : dinosaur ride

showmethemouse
10-17-2011, 03:12 PM
did any one ride the dinosaur in the pass . when we when in 2003 and 2004 we rode the ride and at the end the t-Rex came out at you too scary you. when we when in 2007 and 2010 with some friends we took them on it but the t-Rex didn't do even thing but raw. dose ant one know what happen to the ride?:confused: it was kindred disappointing when we know we could of had a really good pictures from it. i would still ride the ride but fun has been taking out of it. :confused::confused:

DizneyRox
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
WDW maintenance at your service!

Often when attraction effects break down, WDW decides if it worth it to fix it (spend money) or leave it broken (save money). Often they leave it broken... Who's gonna notice?

That dino is only one of many non working effects in Dinosaur. Let's make a game of it, who can name other effects in Dinosaur that are not working?

We can start other threads about many of the other attractions, like Great Movie Ride, Splash Mountain, Everest... The list goes on, we could do this for quite some time.

BrowncatP
10-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Didn't one of the dinosaurs spit on you in the past?

brownie
10-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Traveling back in time, I mean to the Theme Parks, forum with this one.

mickclub1955
10-17-2011, 08:52 PM
the spitting dinosaur is in the Universe of Energy at Epcot. The other issues I have with Dinosaur is that the flying dinosaur didn't swoop down the last time we were there. The little Compsagnathus' didn't jump across the ravine over the vehicle. Of course everytime I ride the ride it seems like they make it darker so you do miss alot. The Carnataurus (not Tyrannosaurus) didn't chase the vehicle when we lost traction either. Other than that it is still a fun attraction. Like it better when it was Countdown to Extinction.

DizneyRox
10-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah, the swooping has been gone for a while. The jumpers I think I've seen at times, but not like in 98. And, if I'm not mistaken the Carnotaur that chases you was actually being refurbed. I would hav efigure dthat was done by now, it's been a few years since I've been on. I think it was actually missing that last ride.

Mogie
10-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Sounds like whatever is making the Yei sick is spreading to other animals throughout the park...

texas211
10-20-2011, 10:00 PM
It's spread to the rides at MK. So far, DHS and EPCOT seem to have better luck.. Minus TT and UOE.

DNS
10-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I am so terrible at remembering specifics like this, but I knew Dinosaur seemed much more tame than it used to. We have not rode it the past couple of times we went because it just did not seem worth getting jerked all over the place. It used to be one of our favorites.

Frog
10-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Maybe you visited while "Trumpet the Dino Pup" was out on vacation/break...
You know he claims to be the Scary Dinosaur on the ride while he talks to people while he is out and about at EPCOT on his YouTube Spiel...
;)

MrPeetrie
10-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I thought I just had a bad memory. I thought the last Dinosaur jumped out at you, too. When we rode it this past week, I didn't see it jump. Just light up and scream. I thought they "tamed" the ride because it was too frightening.