PDA

View Full Version : SURPRISE! 5th Birthday Trip Report-Part 3

Hog
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
HS:
I was most excited for HS being that my DD could ride ToT this was by far her favorite ride, she was so brave the first time and even put both of her hands up the entire ride! WE ended up riding this 10 times during our trip which was awesome. It was also my first time on Star Tours, it was pretty awesome my DD even liked it. We rode it 2 times and had completely different experiences both times. We managed to ride TSM 4 times by arriving early and getting on right away and getting fast passes 2 different mornings. We saw wait times as high as 110 min and never under 60. But that ride is awesome, so much fun I would go there just to ride it. Backlot Tour was a fun experience, we got in line and they were asking for volunteers, so I asked DW "Should I Volunteer?" and before she could answer my hand was up and I was on my way to the stage. I got chosed to sit in the control room and have tons of water dumped on me. It was so fun and I a glad I did it. I just wish they would offer you a DVD of your performance or something I would have even paid for it. oh well. One day when there we saw The Cake Boss andBaltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs. Me being a HUGE Steelers fan I had to yell "Go Steelers" When I walked past him and got a firm punch in the arm from my wife. But i felt good I got that dig in. He turned around and shook his head. We had snacks at Starring Rolls which was great but had a hard time finding QS meals to eat at this park.

Epcot:
We usually enjoy Epcot and my DD loved Test Track, she really seems to be turning into a thrill ride lover. My DDs favorite all time ride is Spaceship Earth and we rode it probably 7 times. Otherwise we had a hard time enjoying this park this time because of the Food and Wine Festival. The world showcase was so busy with people getting drunk all day it was hard to enjoy. But we usually spend most of our nights at Epcot and this time was no different. We saw some good characters this time such as Aladdin and Jasmine and Beast.

Final Thoughts:

The dining plan was nice to have, considering we didn't have to worry about money while we were there, but we got sick of the same food for 9 days. I think next time we go we will rent a car and go without the dining plan so we can travel off property for food. We had way to many snacks 48 to be exact, and we weren't using them consistently enough so when we reached our last day we had 10 left! We ended up using them all on lollipops and me eating like a pig the last day. I had 2 cupcakes from Starring Rolls that day. Also I don't think I would go in October again either, I hated the inconsistency with the crowd levels because of MNSSHP and F&W Festival going on. I enjoyed the crowd levels alot better in May last year. But all in all it was an awesome trip and we were worn out from going to the parks all day everyday. We went swimming for about 2 hours total and otherwise spent from around 9am-9pm at the parks every day. I loved POP it was clean, and new feeling. I didn't have any negative thoughts about it at all.

Well thanks for reading, I apologize for the randomness of my typing I was just writing off the cuff as it came to me.

faline
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Sounds like your daughter is quite the little daredevil! Glad you had such a good trip!

brivers222
10-16-2011, 09:28 PM
yeah I wish they would offer a DVD of that! I was also in the control room... that water looks scary coming down haha

pdrlkr
10-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
10-17-2011, 08:50 AM
That is so funny my ds8 loves spaceship earth- we ride it a lot while in Disney. I too agree I did not like going in Oct- liked either Sept or May better. Thanks for sharing.

Hog
10-17-2011, 02:46 PM
That is so funny my ds8 loves spaceship earth- we ride it a lot while in Disney. I too agree I did not like going in Oct- liked either Sept or May better. Thanks for sharing.

I would go in May next time, too much goin on in Oct. I am not sure if DD likes spaceship earth for the interactive part on the computer screen or just the ride in general. Either way we ride it alot!

emerzmom
10-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the report. It sounds like a wonderful trip!
:mickey:
Julie

KylesMom
10-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Sounds like you had a great time despite the crowd inconsistencies. Thanks for sharing your daughter's birthday trip with us! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the report, love Starring Rolls:mickey:

LittleRoosMommy
10-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the trip report! We were there at the same time as you!! We saw Buddy from Cake Boss at Epcot too!! Glad you got the dig in to Suggs!! We didn't see him, but I'm sure if my DH had seen him he would have done the same thing! LOL GO STEELERS!!!!

RedSoxFan
10-19-2011, 08:33 AM
What an awesome b'day surprise for your daughter. Sounds like you had a great time.:mickey: