PDA

View Full Version : SURPRISE! 5th Birthday Trip Report-Part 2

Hog
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
We park hopped everyday so I don't really remember which parks we went to each day so I will just review our times at each park.

AK:
We went here on our first full day, there isn't much here we really enjoy doing. So my DD got to ride Dinosaur for the first time which she enjoyed and we say Its Tough to Be a Bug, always a fun show and the Kilamanjaro Safari which we all love. We always have luck with seeing characters at AK and that is my DDs favorite part of Disney. We got some new characters here we missed last year, such as Pochohantas, Mrs. Bunny, Rafiki, Lilo and Jiminy Cricket. It rained for a half hour while we were here and we were still able to get out of this park by 3pm and never returned for the rest of our trip. We did everything here we wanted, mainly the characters.

MK:
I will start of by saying the best days on our trip to go to MK were days of MNSSHP it didn't seem very busy on those days so we tried to go then. The other days it was very busy, like 40 minute wait for Its a Small World which in my opinion is crazy. I think people stay away on party days and everyone staying at Disney goes on non party days. We went one day during the heavy down pours and were able to get alot of the inside shows accomplished things we may not have attended otherwise. Such as Country Bears, Hall of Presidents, Carosel of Progress and Tiki Room. On my DDs birthday Oct. 9th we had 10:15 ADRs for 1900 Park Fare so we went to MK first to catch a monorail to GF. This was the second day of heavy rain during our stay, and trying to get on the monorail this morning was hectic. There was a foot deep pond of water at the bottom of the monorail exit that they were making people walk through instead of opening an alternative entrance. Finally after 2 CMs were discussing this for about 10 minutes they decided to open it. We also had reservations for BBB on this day that we canceled because of the rain, but it stopped raining about an hour after we canceled, OH well we saved a few bucks and DD wasn't really disappointed at all. All in all MK is our favorite park, and we all loved the updates in Haunted Mansion especially the hitch hiking ghosts. We probably rode that 6 times and POTC 7 times. Two of the days we tried MK it was too busy to even walk so we left within the first 2 hours we were there. The one day they announced they were staying opened an hour later which I never Experienced before.

next up: HS, Epcot and Final Thoughts

brivers222
10-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Jiminy Cricket>!>!>! awesome!!!! Where abouts was he?

pdrlkr
10-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
10-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
10-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Jiminy Cricket>!>!>! awesome!!!! Where abouts was he?

I've seen him at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

faline
10-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you made good use of your park time - despite the less than ideal weather!

Hog
10-17-2011, 02:45 PM
I've seen him at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

indeed he is at Rafikis Planet Watch, in my opinion the characters their are the only reason to go. We rode the train out, met Rafiki, Jiminy Cricket and Pocohantas and then my DD pet a goat and we hopped back on the train and left. It took about 10 minutes.

KylesMom
10-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Good strategy with visiting MK on party days. I would agree, 40 minutes for Small World is insane.

Aren't the changes to HM cool?! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the report, always love MK:mickey: