PDA

View Full Version : Is Disney still selling the HO Train Set?

Arnold Simba
10-16-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm in search of a Walt Disney World HO Train Set. I bought one a few years back. Since then, I've been told that they discontinued the item. Is that true, and if so, why? If it is not true, can they still be bought at "Once Upon A Toy" at Disney Marketplace?

AHOTE
10-21-2011, 11:44 PM
I was at WDW last week and the only trains I saw were a G gauge battery operated Disney set and a HO Marklin battery operated set. The Marklin set was modeled after a European high speed train and had nothing to do with Disney. I thought about getting the Marklin set but the value wasn't there. I bought the HO Disney train last spring on EBay in the $130.00 range. The set has a steam engine, tender, two excursion cars, track & transformer. I was also able to buy the Disney Carolwood HO set without the track & transformer for $70.00, again on Ebay. Both sets were new.

Main Street Jim
11-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Unfortunately, the HO WDWRR sets were discontinued after a very short run in the parks and at DtD.

When they came out, I was a WDWRR engineer/conductor, and they were all snatched up pretty quick.

I know you can find them once in a while on the 'Bay, but they're way more expensive than when they first came out.

The *only* HO Disney train set that I know of recently was the Carolwood set with the Lilly Belle, and even that was Limited Edition and only at Disneyland's Gallery (I believe).

If you're looking for Disney model train info, I can direct you to a *very cool* site/message board with TONS of great info/very knowledgeable people :thumbsup: