PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting ripped off?

LilMickey
10-14-2011, 08:21 AM
My husband called central reservations to confim our reservation for December. They informed him that our daughter's name was randomly drawn to receive her 7 day Parkhopper free. Has anyone heard of this? It makes me instantly suspicious.

They also told him there was a "one day special" if he purchased the park tickets for the rest of our group that day, we would get the Parkhopper option added to all of them for free. He, of course, did it, but I can't help but wonder what the catch is. I've never heard of either of these offers. It's too late of course, but I can't help but wonder if we got ripped off, or if we just got lucky.

Tink1
10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
That is a new one to me.

Without knowing the actual components, party info and pricing, I cannot even wager a guess on the "rip off" aspect.

edited to add: there was a PIN released for Kids play free, perhaps that is what it is

Nanc

mydisneygirls
10-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I would call central reservations and confirm!

wdwfansince75
10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I would call and comfirm....If it has been done, there should be a record of it...if he did it by credit card, and central reservations doesn't have a record, you should be able to recover...If it is confirmed, it is a great deal. If it is just the three of you, it is still over $400 in value. Congrats, and enjoy.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-14-2011, 02:08 PM
If this is a Disney promotion like Kids Play Free you better make sure you didn't give up another promotion to get it (like giving up Free Dining!) or you may have ended up costing yourself some money!

Checkers
10-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I would definitely call to confirm. A family member recently called CRO and made reservations for Nov. and used a credit card with no balance and within a week they had a call from their CC company verifying charges made all over the east coast (not just the room charges at WDW). Disney definitely has a problem with security so I would be on the safe side and confirm everything especially since you only called to confirm and not to make any purchases. Perhaps everything is on the up & up but better safe than sorry. Good luck, I hope it works in your favor! Keep us posted on how you make out.

VWL Mom
10-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Any update from the OP?

darthmacho
10-15-2011, 06:27 PM
That's why I like Magical Journeys, because all the discounts that apply are thoroughly explored and verified by them, which is reassuring.

If the offer is coming from WDW, I'd imagine it is legit, and if that is the case, it should be simple to verify, which as others have suggested. I'd be more suspicious if they had contacted you, but I got from your original post that they informed you of this after your husband had contacted them? Again, it all sounds easy to verify. Good luck, and I hope it works out for you.

:mickey:

Hog
10-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Are you sure he dialed the correct number. I have heard of places running scams with similar phone numbers to popular places such as Disney.

Marymouse2003
10-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Like previous members have suggested, I wld call and verify this & I hope for your sake it's not a scam. Let me :welcome: you to Intercot.

LilMickey
10-21-2011, 12:55 PM
After reading replies here, I got even more nervous. I had him call again and they said they had e-mailed the confirmation. It looks like it's on the up-and-up. We got a written confirmation in the mail yesterday. The person he talked to the this time said we got entered in the drawing for answering the phone survey the first time we called. I guess it pays to take the time to answer the annoying surveys!
Thanks everyone!

VWL Mom
10-21-2011, 12:58 PM
After reading replies here, I got even more nervous. I had him call again and they said they had e-mailed the confirmation. It looks like it's on the up-and-up. We got a written confirmation in the mail yesterday. The person he talked to the this time said we got entered in the drawing for answering the phone survey the first time we called. I guess it pays to take the time to answer the annoying surveys!
Thanks everyone!

Good news :thumbsup:

Patricia
10-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Congrats on your win! :mickey:

Checkers
10-21-2011, 03:24 PM
:party:Congratulations! Always great to hear good news. Glad it worked out for you.