PDA

View Full Version : Best Time to Go in April?

mickeys_princess_mom
10-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I know to stay away from Easter break, but is the highest attendance week before or after Easter ? Anything going on later in April to avoid?...

SBETigg
10-14-2011, 07:40 AM
The week before and the week after Easter are the ones to avoid. People take their kids out of school or have breaks either before or after, for the most part. A lot of Northeastern schools have Spring Break in the third week of April (but if it's not a week right around Easter, it's still a good time to go). We've been in that third week of April when Easter was at the end of March, and it was wonderful. So it all depends on Easter. As long as you can avoid the week right before or right after, I think you're going to have great weather and moderate, on the lower side, crowds.

mickeys_princess_mom
10-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Thank you, dear! I don't think we've ever been during April, and it sounds good! :wave:
:thanks:

minnie-mouse
10-15-2011, 05:19 PM
We have always gone in the last week of April (when Easter does not fall near that week), and we love that time of year! Crowds are very manageable and the weather is fantastic!

Gregandmel
10-16-2011, 09:14 AM
We went the last week in April 2010 (when Easter was on April 4th) and we hit Graduation days on both weekends for High School Sr.'s, as well as there was a Cheerleading competition the weekend we arrived. It didn't impact things too bad, but from what I understand, the timing on the last week of April for those 2 things is typical. Just an FYI.

snowflakegirl
10-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Northeastern schools tend to have either the third or fourth week of April off. I went during the third week of April in 2005 and was a little worried, but it really was not at all busy.