PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I hope we don't have to cancel our Cindy's reservations!!!

J9
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Ok, so I'm a little bit freaking out. A friend and I have a trip planned for next week to WDW. We've got the meal plan and made all of our reservations for two people (months ago and were super excited to get ressies at Cindy's for dinner!) We tried to get our third friend to come but they couldn't.

So today we found out the third friend is coming for one day only, the day we have the Cindy's res. Because he's only coming for one day he can't get park hoppers and wants to go to DHS and use the MNSSHP ticket for MK at night. Our Cindy's ressies (for 2) are at 5:20pm. I'm freaking out because I can't get a reservation for 3 now and neither can we make them anywhere else because it was a 2 meal ticket and it's too late now!!

So, my question is this:

1) Will #3 be able to get into MK with his MNSSHP ticket before 7? I had heard 4, but I never tested this myself so I'm not sure.

2) Will Cindy's turn us away if we show up with a 3rd person? We'll crowd a two person table, but we don't mind.

I'm kinda sorta freaking out!!

SBETigg
10-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes, your friend will be able to get into the MK with a MNSSHP ticket after 4. And yes, Cindy's might turn you away if you show up with a third. Or they might accommodate you. It could go either way.

J9
10-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Not the answer I was hoping for because then we'd lose the deposit. I'm so annoyed at #3!!

Butters
10-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Option #2 split up for dinner...

Jared
10-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, your friend will be able to get into the MK with a MNSSHP ticket after 4. And yes, Cindy's might turn you away if you show up with a third. Or they might accommodate you. It could go either way.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Sherri here. Most restaurants will generally find a way to accommodate last-minute party changes, but Cinderella's Royal Table is often one of the exception. Its location in the castle makes it one of the most popular restaurants on property, and because it's so small, there isn't much flexibility. It really depends on how willing you are to take a risk! There's definitely a chance, depending on the day and the time, that they take you without any problem. But it's definitely not a guarantee.

BelleandtheBeast
10-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Go to dinner without #3 and then meetup afterwards.

brivers222
10-14-2011, 08:29 AM
keep checking for a new castle reservation for 3... if you are not at your 45 day mark.. check back then as i have found many people that can't pay their trip in full tend to cancel their ressies...

If you can't get one.... i wouldn't drop the reservation. just be honest and let them know you had this booked for months now and you can't simply add a person on a whim. It ***** i know, but I wouldn't change my ressie around.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2011, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't drop my ressies either...they had the chance to get in on it at an earlier date and its not your fault they waited to last minute. I agree with other posters, split up for dinner and meet up later.

diz_girl
10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm so annoyed at #3!!

I'd agree that you and #2 go to dinner at the castle and #3 is on their own for dinner. If they don't like it then that's their problem. You made your plans when they said no. Don't cater to their whims, especially if it will cost you money if you cancel the reservation in order to accommodate them.

Why should you go through all of this extra work because they changed their mind. If they insist on eating together, then they can pay you for the money that you'll lose by cancelling the reservation. If that happens, get the money from them before you cancel.