PDA

View Full Version : where to stay with 5

Giselle
10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
I am expecting baby #3 in the spring :baby: and I'm wondering what my options will be for on-site resorts with a total of 5 people, 2 adults and 3 kids (one of which will be an infant). The disney website lists very limited options like the villas ($$$) and the campgrounds :down:which I'd prefer to avoid. Anyone have a more complete list of options or am I destined to be an off-siter from now on?:pout:

magicofdisney
10-13-2011, 03:54 PM
With that configuration you can stay in any room (for 4) until the baby turns 3yo. At that point you're truly considered a family of 5. Your least expensive option then will be POR's Alligator Bayou section or 2 connected value rooms.

coneheads
10-13-2011, 03:55 PM
First Congratulations, Port Orleans Riverside has trundle beds and will take 5. All the Resorts will provide a pak n play too but I don't know if the baby will count since I don't think most of them will book 5 in one room. We usually get two rooms at a value with connecting doors and sometimes still cheaper than one at a moderate.

Andy

buzznwoodysmom
10-13-2011, 04:45 PM
You can stay at any of the places you've stayed as a family of 4 until the baby turns 3. At 3 the child is counted as another person in the room and must pay for tickets and food. Once the baby is counted as a person in the room your least expensive option would be one room at POR in Alligator Bayou. Those will sleep a 5th person on a trundle bed. After that you can either book two value rooms, or two moderate rooms. The value family suites sleep 6, so that's another option. You can sleep 5 in most of the deluxe resorts. WL and AKL are the only deluxe resorts that won't sleep 5 in a standard room, but you can get rooms that sleep 5 at both of these resorts, just not a standard room, and they'll cost more. After that you can, as you stated in your post, book at the villas or the campground. There are really lots of options for a family of 5 at all different levels and price points. Congrats on the addition to your family and start planning the babies first trip!!!!

Giselle
10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all the info! Looks like I can still at my favorite places for a few more years then.:mickey:

Patricia
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Yes, I have stayed at Cribbean Beach Resort with 5 when my youngest was an infant. :thumbsup: