PDA

View Full Version : Water Features on "Fantasy"

Ed
10-13-2011, 12:31 PM
In an apparent attempt to address some of the complaints about pool size on "Dream", the new ship, "Fantasy" will have at least three additional water features.

See today's Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/10/new-water-features-to-help-guests-cool-off-aboard-the-disney-fantasy/?CMP=SOC-DCLFY11Q4FBDM0009)for more details.

waymickey
10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Sailed on the Dream in August and had no complaints about the size of the pools.

My major complaint was how hot the deck was. My family all burned our feet from the deck!:cry: We went up to the top deck to sunbathe and when my DD went to jump in the shower to cool off she burned her feet so bad it blistered. We never expected the deck to get so hot. Once you took the first step it was too late that foot was already blistered . We wound up hopping on towels to get back to the chair for our sandals.

Ed
10-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Agreed on both counts. We, too, felt the pools were adequate, but quite a few people disagree.

As for the deck, absolutely right! The decking on Dream is a composite material rather than natural teak wood as used on the older ships. And composites hold the heat much more than natural wood, as I learned too late when building a small patio. Flip flops or Crocs are a true necessity.