PDA

View Full Version : AKL or BLT

M Riddle
10-13-2011, 12:16 PM
We can stay 7 nights pool view room AKL or 4 nights studio theme park view BLT. The seven nights at AKL is $175 less then BLT because we can get a discount there. There are only 2 of us in the room. Where would you stay and why?

DizneyRox
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
AKL is the best resort on property bar none, in my opinion. You've got more days and it's cheaper makes this even more of a no brainer for me.

brownie
10-13-2011, 12:34 PM
You've got more days and it's cheaper makes this even more of a no brainer for me.

:ditto:

M Riddle
10-13-2011, 12:47 PM
The reason it is not quite a no brainer for us is that we like a WOW view. And we like the location of BLT. We are all about the room and view. Has anyone stayed at the BLT studio /theme park view? Is it WOW? Do you feel like you are in a tiny box when in your room at BLT?

WRWDisney
10-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Just remember that theme park view also means a view that is overlooking the parking lot (most likely).

Agree with the others, 7 nights vs. 4 is almost enough to decide it for me. Throw in AKL, and I have to come down on the, "its a no brainer" sided of the argument.

greengeen
10-13-2011, 01:07 PM
I have stayed in AKL Pool View and BLT MK View and here's my opinion.

AKL Pool View is lush and lovely, especially the upper floors (ask for 4th floor; 5th floor is all DVC).

BLT MK View is a view across the parking lot at MK. Some people have even called it "parking lot view". I didn't much care for it. When the fireworks start, car alarms go off all over the BLT and CR parking lot. It's both amusing and irritating.

Can you tell what my pick would be? AKL all the way.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2011, 01:10 PM
I would also go with AKL....

RedSoxFan
10-13-2011, 01:55 PM
I would pick AKL too. I've been there before with pool view rooms and it was lovely. Have the same view this November. And staying longer is always a plus!!

M Riddle
10-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone. Thank you for your replys. I have a question though. What about location, location, location? Isn't it worth it to be within walking distance to the Magic Kingdom? And to stay at one of the Monorail resorts? I'm just asking. :mickey:
You are all very close to convincing me to choose AKL, BUT, I am not a DVC owner so BLT is VERY hard to get at an affordable price. I can get BLT for a discount too. Just not as good of a discount as for AKL. I am soooo not sure. :confused:

DizneyRox
10-13-2011, 03:11 PM
I spend very little time at MK. Itz-azu!

The Contemporary never really impressed me, the only time I go there is a quick bathroom break on the way over to the Hoop Dee Doo.

The lobby at Jambo House at AKL has got to be the most jaw dropping sight in WDW. Kidani not so much, but still a very nice lobby.

The views outside the grounds at AKL is outstanding as well, they have some of the best restaurants right there and as far as I've seen, some of the best bus service. I have yet to have problems with the bus service. It takes a little longer to get to MK, but in my experience the busses run often.

I have very little desire to stay at BLT.

brownie
10-13-2011, 03:34 PM
The additional days would trump location for me. I'd rather spend more time at Walt Disney World than being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom.

M Riddle
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
OK. Here is another monkey wrench. 7 nights AKL pool view or 6 nights Polynesian garden view? Both come to about the same cost.

Mogie
10-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Do a Split stay. Take advantage of some of the AKL discount and what the hotel has to offer. Then stay the rest of the trip at BLT and enjoy the view and close proximity to MK and monorail.

AllDisney
10-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Another vote for AKL and the longer stay:thumbsup:

buddie
10-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Having spent a lot of time at every single resort at WDW, AKL is my choice.
Disregard all of the talk about being able to walk to MK from BLT or that AKL is too far away from everything. It's the most unique resort on property.

DizneyRox
10-13-2011, 10:39 PM
OK. Here is another monkey wrench. 7 nights AKL pool view or 6 nights Polynesian garden view? Both come to about the same cost.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=186414#post2216222

M Riddle
10-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Thank you DizneyRox :thumbsup: I read you loud and clear. AKL is :number1: I am smiling from ear to ear as I write this. And thank you EVERYONE!
:rocks:

Mousemates
10-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Thank you DizneyRox :thumbsup: I read you loud and clear. AKL is :number1: I am smiling from ear to ear as I write this. And thank you EVERYONE!
:rocks:

good choice...have a great stay.

RAIDER
10-14-2011, 03:14 AM
BLT by miles .Its on the doorstep of MK you get to use the monorail via the CR and you have the choice of 3 pools and you get to see the electric parade and wishes ..... In my humble view :thumbsup: