PDA

View Full Version : DVC Promotional Items

Dyanna
10-12-2011, 04:03 PM
I know that the local Doorway to Dreams store by me gives out Christmas ornaments each year but was wondering if they give out any other promotional items during the year. Do any of the DVC hotels give out any promo items at any time?

greengeen
10-12-2011, 06:35 PM
They're not "hotels". DVC is resorts. None of the resorts give out promo items.

However, the DVC sales center at Saratoga Springs Resort gives out promotional items to people who go to sales presentations. At our first presentation, at which we purchased AKV points, we were given special fast passes for the whole family of five; plus free ice cream. And because we purchased points using our Disney Visa card, we got a $500 gift card. At the second presentation, which was for current members considering add-ons that we attended 3 years later, we received a $40 AMC Theatre gift card, and a lovely buffet luncheon. The promos vary from season to season, so these are just examples.

VWL Mom
10-13-2011, 06:30 AM
They used to have giveaways at Welcome Home Wednesday. There was a similar thing being held at BLT on Mondays during the summer but it was not as widely publicized. Check with the DVC desk when you get down there.

CosmicRay
10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I didn't know about all that! We are going to have to check when we go!

Disney4us2
10-13-2011, 12:06 PM
On our August trip we went to two DVC events. We went to the BLT member tour. Every group gets fastpasses. They play a trivia game and you can win small prizes. I won a DVC small srawstring backpack. When we signed up for this event, I was told that it is only being done 3 times a week. Don't know if that has changed since the middle of August.

We also went to the Welcome Home Wednesday. This time it was a game show type event. There were a lot of really great prizes given away. Didn't win anything at this event. At the end though, they gave baseball hats with the new DVC logo on it. Everyone attending was given a hat.:cool: