PDA

View Full Version : Our Food and Wine Feast with a Big Twist-Part 2

wildernesslady
10-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Wed., Oct. 5 - We had a car reserved at the car center for today. The shuttle picked us up on time and we were off. The process was very easy. We then went to Kona for breakfast. I love it there. I had the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes. They never disappoint. Today was our Universal Day. Now, we generally don't stray from Disney, but my youngest DD is a huge Harry Potter fan so I was taking her as part of her graduation gift. The theming was amazing. Very realistic to the movies. I took a dramamine the night before as I do get motion sick. It did not help. As impressive as the ride is, I could not wait for it to be over. My older DD did not feel to great either and nothing bothers her. Luckily my younger DD was willing to go through the single rider line a couple of times. She loved it. Next we had Butterbeer and toured the rest of the park. It's nicely done, but just not Disney. It was a fun but we probably won't go back to soon. We headed back to OKW for a rest and went to DHS for the evening. TSM had a 30 min. wait so we did that, watched the last Idol for the day, and the girls did Star Tours. They loved it. The park was closed so we headed over to the Poly for our dinner at Ohana. We were early and watched Wishes from the beach. Another first for us. We were close to the water. Next time I will try to be closer to the building to hear the music better. Dinner was great as usual. We had a castle view which was nice. After that it was bed time. A Disney vacation can be very exhausting.

Thurs., Oct. 6 - We originally had lunch ADRs at Via Napoli but my DDs interview was for 1:30so we decided to have lunch at a resort instead of walking through a park in interview clothes. Whispering Canyon it was. We had another great meal. The pork spring rolls are very good. After, it was time to head to Celebration for my DDs interview. She was so nervous. My other DD and I went off to check out Celebration during the interview. What a cute town. We had been there once before and would not hesitate to live there. My DD felt the interview went great. Everyone was so friendly and wished her well while she was there. Now she just had to wait. After, we went back to OKW to change and head to Epcot. We had a passport to finish. We took the car back and the shuttle brought us to Epcot. I would definitely do this again if we would need a car. We toured the countries again and completed as much as possible before our 7:45 ADR at La Hacienda. We had a center table with a wonderful view of the lagoon. Since we have seen Illuminations many times, we felt the view was great. We could not see everything. If this was your first time, I would have been disappointed. The meal was wonderful. Another must do again. After, we were off to bed.

Fri., Oct. 7 - Our flight was at 3:30 so ME was picking us up at 12:30. We did airline check-in and went off to the MK. We were able to do a few rides and then the rain came. This was the first of our whole trip. We live close to Philadelphia and if you have been watching the weather we have had so much rain this past month it was so nice to have 4 days of sunshine. Our ride on ME was bittersweet. It's always hard leaving. Our APs expire the end of this month and we have no plans to renew. Our flight was interesting. I think we had a new pilot. Thats always a treat.

All in all what a great trip.

My daughter got the job. She will be a Youth Activities Director on the Dream. We are all so excited. On a sad note, my husband lost his job of 30 years a week before our trip so we are not sure if we will be able to visit her. Her first contract is for 4 1/2 months. I have never been away from her for that long, so that will be difficult. Keep your fingers crossed that something works out. I have already begun applying for a part time job.

Thanks for reading. Please feel free to ask any questions.

SBETigg
10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Yay for your daughter! Congratulations on her new job, and I hope she loves it. But I am sorry for your husband losing his job. I hope that works out for you soon. A wonderful, memorable trip for you.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Sounded like a great time.

Congrats to your dd!! What a dream come true!

Sorry to hear about your DH's employement.

I hope that you find something great part time.

:thumbsup:

emerzmom
10-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the sharing your trip. Congrats and how exciting for your daugther! So sorry about your husband. I hope all is well soon.
:mickey:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh that's bittersweet...so exciting for your daughter and sad for your husband...hope it works out. thanks for the report

Daisy'sMom
10-12-2011, 06:13 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congrats to your daughter. I know it is hard to be so far away from her. It's to bad they have to grow up. I remember when mine were small, I could not wait for them to grow up. Now it isn't that easy.
My heart goes out to you and your husband. How terrible that this chapter in your lives has closed. But keep looking forward to the next.
So glad you were not at Disney for the rain this past weekend. I kept thinking about the poor people that were there. It was not like the usual showers, it poured!
Good luck :mickey:

greengeen
10-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Congrats to your daughter, it sounds like an amazing opportunity!!

faline
10-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Lovely trip with your daughters!

Congrats to your daughter on her new position!

So sorry about your husband's job loss. Unfortunately, there's a lot of that going around. We're dealing with the same issue inj our home as well. Hopefully, it will be short lived!

Disney4us2
10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a great trip. Congrats to your DD on the job.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: