PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Opportunity for those who LOVE Planning!!

debandbub
10-11-2011, 08:02 PM
so.... we hit the World on 11/12/11- for our Honeymoon! :cloud9: The fact of the matter is that we've spent 3 months planning a wedding (11/11/11!) And frankly- I'm planned out! I totally get why people take a whole year to do this! But we've been together 17 years and now finally have the chance to do this and we didn't want to wait any longer.
That being said- PLAN MY DISNEY DAYS FOR ME!
Here are the facts:
Arriving Saturday night late- probably just in time to have one drink at the bar before passing out from sheer exhaustion. We are staying at POR.
We will be there all day Sunday through Wednesday, and leave Thursday at 11 am for Key West.
We are two forty-somethings, we like Drinking Around the World, one of us likes the thrill rides, we both love the parks, (Epcot and AK are our faves). We will have four day hoppers. We are morning people for the most part. We are not big gourmands- but we are vegetarians. Fancy meals are not necessarily how we would spend our time and money. (But I am thinking about drinks/apps at California Grill for the fireworks?)
So- go ahead- this is your chance- plan it for us- we are at your mercy!
I'm really looking forward to seeing how all my Intercot friends would spend their time!
Thanks for your input!!

Buttercup
10-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Whee! How exciting! Congratulations!!!

Okay here's what I would do.

SATURDAY NIGHT: Have a drink and then crash.

SUNDAY: Start the day with a decadent breakfast at the Main Street Bakery, then enjoy some time at Magic Kingdom. Take the afternoon for a nice nap, or perhaps a quiet walk or surrey bike ride around POR. Head back to Magic Kingdom for a few more attractions, perhaps a dinner at one of the restaurants there (not sure what has the best Vegetarian options), and watch Wishes. Perfect 1st day as a married couple! :thumbsup:

MONDAY: "Git yer' drink on" day at Epcot! :marg::beer: Sleep in, and when you wake up, mosey on over to your favorite pavilions to drink your way around the world! My personal favorite lunch menu is at Mexico, but you might find some better veggie options in World Showcase. Once you're good and sloshed, head on over to Hollywood Studios and try your hand at some Midway Mania. Maybe avoid the thrill rides if you're too tipsy... :ack:

TUESDAY: Recovery Day. :D Take it easy and stroll through Animal Kingdom at a leisurely pace. If you really like this park, stay until closing and make sure you've done absolutely everything you want to do! AK tends to close earlier than the other parks, so you should still have time to head back to Epcot for Illuminations. And more booze if you're up for it! lol :marg: (Hair of the dog!)

WEDNESDAY: Final Hopping Day. Decide what parks you'd like to revisit one last time. Might be a good time for you to get in all the thrill rides you enjoy! I would probably end the day at the Magic Kingdom, then take a stroll over to the California Grill for drinks and the fireworks. After which, I would stroll hand-in-hand around the lagoon (personally I enjoy the walkway around the Poly and Grand Floridian) under the stars. :fworks:

Have a great trip! Sounds like you're going to have fun!

Pirate Granny
10-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Have that first drink, then see if the carriage ride is available...snuggle up, and at the end, ask if they could drop you off at your bldg....a dip in the pool and a warm snuggle and sleep in for the next day...yeah you're at Disney, but start your marriage out right and have a leisurely wake up and plan your day together...WING IT...see what comes together. CONGRATS. I'll look for you we arrive on the 11th.

Pirate Granny
10-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Mickey's very merry Xmas party is on the 15th...nothing like snow on main street...a separate ticket...maybe you could cut out one of your four days...relax, go to water park in AM if weather allows, you can get in the party at 4pm. Fireworks are beautiful...Parade is Xmas theme. Truly something to remember.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Ok, here are my suggestions. I have consulted disneyworld.com for park events, touringplans for crowd levels and my food recommendations...

Saturday 11/12 - Arrival day (or more like night). If you have had time to recharge on the plane (if you are flying) and/or are just too excited to sleep I would consider going to MK for extra magic hours. Nothing like ending your first day as a married couple with fireworks and a few rides! (not sure what time you are getting in). if you are just too tired, explore the resort and get familiar with the grounds. If you are still too tired to do that, check-in, grab a bite to eat or a handful of food (and wine!) and lock yourselves in your room.

Sunday 11/13 – EPCOT – LAST DAY OF FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL!!! This is also a fairly low crowd level day so, it should be a great time. Since it’s the last day of F&W, then I would spend most all of my day around WS. Eat and drink your way around. It could very well take all day! And it’s the last day so, in my mind, no self respecting EPCOT lover would miss it! I would even go on to say – sleep in! WS isn’t open until 11am anyways! DHS has EMH this evening from 8-11pm. So, if you have found your second wind by the time Illuminations are over, you could head over to DHS by boat! And evening boat ride or stroll through the Boardwalk on your way to DHS to hug and scream together on ToT and RnR is magical!

Monday 11/14 – MK – Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes Fireworks. EMH 8-11pm. I would suggest this park because this is the only night during your stay where MSEP and Wishes are going to be going on. So, I say to watch from within the park and to do Cali Grill for Holiday Wishes on Tuesday.

Tuesday 11/15 – AK during day / Cali Grill dinner – Crowd levels are low for AK this day. Would be a great day to have your special dinner at Cali Grill timed correctly for Holiday Wishes at 9:30pm. So maybe 8:30ish ADR?

Wednesday 11/16 – DHS during day / EP in the evening – Based off of crowd levels and that EP is your fav park, then I would start with DHS and end with EP. If you even wanted to… you could get up for EMH am at AK for EE (leave AK early since it is the park to avoid based on crowd levels this day) and then hop to DHS for the day. End your park days in EP for dinner somewhere in the WS (not sure about veggie options).

Thursday 11/17 – Before leaving WDW, I would head to the Poly for Tonga Toast! If you want a sit down meal, make ADR’s for Kona Grill and have Tonga Toast! Or, what DH and I would do, would be to go to Captain Cooks Quick Service, get the exact same Tonga Toast for about $8 and then take our plate (weather permitting) and eat by the pool or on the beach watching the boats go buy and listening to the train whistles whispering in the wind…. Hard to say goodbye to that but, such a lovely goodbye.

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!
Good luck and congratulations! HTH!

emerzmom
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Congrats on your marriage! II have a friend getting married on 11-11-11 as well. It will always be easy to remember your anniversary!
It sounds like you have some really good ideas for plans. Just one addition:
1st day stop in on Main Street to get your "Just Married" buttons and then your bride and groom mouse ears!
Have a wonderful time!
:mickey:
Julie

debandbub
10-13-2011, 07:39 PM
you guys are AWESOME!! thank you so much for the great suggestions and for making my life easier!!! We will definitely pull these together and plan a fantastic honeymoon!

brivers222
10-14-2011, 08:34 AM
so.... we hit the World on 11/12/11- for our Honeymoon! :cloud9: The fact of the matter is that we've spent 3 months planning a wedding (11/11/11!) And frankly- I'm planned out! I totally get why people take a whole year to do this! But we've been together 17 years and now finally have the chance to do this and we didn't want to wait any longer.
That being said- PLAN MY DISNEY DAYS FOR ME!
Here are the facts:
Arriving Saturday night late- probably just in time to have one drink at the bar before passing out from sheer exhaustion. We are staying at POR.
We will be there all day Sunday through Wednesday, and leave Thursday at 11 am for Key West.
We are two forty-somethings, we like Drinking Around the World, one of us likes the thrill rides, we both love the parks, (Epcot and AK are our faves). We will have four day hoppers. We are morning people for the most part. We are not big gourmands- but we are vegetarians. Fancy meals are not necessarily how we would spend our time and money. (But I am thinking about drinks/apps at California Grill for the fireworks?)
So- go ahead- this is your chance- plan it for us- we are at your mercy!
I'm really looking forward to seeing how all my Intercot friends would spend their time!
Thanks for your input!!

HAHAHAHA tough cookies, i can't plan for you........ I am spent myself ;)

No really CONGRATS!!!! while you are heading to your Disneymoon we will be getting married 11/12/11 (would have had the same anniversary if 11/11/11 fell on a saturday!)

Our DISNEYmoon starts on 12/9/11

the only thing i will say is HAVE FUN and ENJOY!!!! :thumbsup: