PDA

View Full Version : The Chew? Really?

MNNHFLTX
10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I've tried watching this show a couple of times but I cannot get into it. And I cannot believe that ABC replaced All My Children with it. I understand that it's cheaper to produce an hour-long cooking show than a soap opera, but on the days that I am off of work I am taking my time and attention elsewhere. Once One Life to Live goes off the air in January the only daytime business I am giving ABC is to watch General Hospital on occasion.

Sorry to those who might like the new show--just not my cup of tea.

JanetMegan
10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Sort of funny, I watched about 20 mins of this today for the first time. I'm a huge foodie too, but it didn't really do that much for me...I'll stick with Top Chef and such ;)

vicster
10-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Bring back All My Children!!!!!!!!!

Melanie
10-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Isn't Carla from Top Chef on this show? Hootie hoo!

MNNHFLTX
10-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Isn't Carla from Top Chef on this show? Hootie hoo!Lol! Yes, she's on it.

Carol
10-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I haven't watched because I work during that time frame but really like the majority of the hosts on/in their other venues.

In all fairness - All My Children's cancelling would have happened regardless of what show was put into that now vacant time slot.

MNNHFLTX
10-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I haven't watched because I work during that time frame but really like the majority of the hosts on/in their other venues.

In all fairness - All My Children's cancelling would have happened regardless of what show was put into that now vacant time slot.True, but I still miss All My Children. Plus I have just never been into cooking shows so that leaves a void in my viewing schedule right at the time I'm having my breakfast/lunch. I really did try to give the show a fair chance, but it just seems a little boring to me. :shrug:

Basket Mommy
10-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I homeschool, so I don't watch daytime TV. Even if I could, I could not bear watching this show because the commercials for it are so annoying. The lady with the glasses that talks about her special gumbo drives me insane. I like Mario and Michael, but I wouldn't watch the show just for them.

ImagiAsh
10-12-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm just curious, were all of these people fired by the Food Network? :haha:

Basket Mommy
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm just curious, were all of these people fired by the Food Network? :haha:

Michael Symon is an Iron Chef. I don't believe he's been fired. Mario Battali was on the Food Network, but I don't think he still has a show there. I think he has something on the Cooking channel. The blonde (Daphne Oz) is Dr. Oz's daughter. Clinton Kelly is from "What Not to Wear" and I'm not familiar with the last girl, but I've read that she competed on Top Chef.

MNNHFLTX
10-12-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm not familiar with the last girl, but I've read that she competed on Top Chef.That's the lady with the glasses, Carla Hall, with the incredible gumbo. ;)

BellesRose
11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
That's the lady with the glasses, Carla Hall, with the incredible gumbo. ;)
LOL! Yeah I can't get past the commercials. I actually thought the show was a joke at first :blush:

Melanie
11-15-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm not familiar with the last girl, but I've read that she competed on Top Chef.

Carla was a two time contestant on Top Chef and was very popular. Hootie hoo!!! I haven't watched this show, but I would have thought her personality would have transferred well to something like this, but apparently not?

Basket Mommy
11-15-2011, 09:46 PM
That's the lady with the glasses, Carla Hall, with the incredible gumbo. ;)

Yeah. I can't watch the show because those commercials, especially her part, drove me NUTSO. Her eyes just bother me.

MNNHFLTX
11-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Carla was a two time contestant on Top Chef and was very popular. Hootie hoo!!! I haven't watched this show, but I would have thought her personality would have transferred well to something like this, but apparently not?
She's okay, Mel. It's just that it's a show where they all stand around watching each other cook. It doesn't have a competition going to keep you interested, you know?

Daphne Oz is really irritating though. Very cutsie. :ack:

MissMaryPoppins
11-21-2011, 11:41 PM
I didn't think I'd like "The Chew" when I saw commercials for it but I watched it a few times I really like it. I love to cook so I enjoy seeing everyone put a different spin on things. The shows been very good the last week or so with all kinds of Thanksgiving tips. I loved Carla on Top Chef All Stars and she's just as good here. Her personality is perfect for TV. I like Michael too. Daphne Oz seems a little too goody-two-shoes for me. Besides that one little snag, I think it's a pretty good show.

NJGIRL
12-23-2011, 06:12 PM
A big thumbs down to it. For years the story lines on All My Children stunk. I think I can trace it back to when "Babe" arrived. The show seemed to revolve around her and her bad behavior with the writers intent on trying to force people to accept her as a saint and the victim. Reading soap chat sites at the time everyone was crying that Frons was trying to ruin the show on purpose. Seeing what happened I now beleive they were right. Why on earth do we need another cooking show when there are so many already, not to mention a whole channel with nothing else but cooking shows.

Ed
12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
"The View" Occasionally entertaining.
"The Talk" :ditto:
"The Chew" The BLAH. :sick:

Are programming execs stuck on two-word show names that must begin with "The" ? :confused:

Thank heavens for satellite TV with about 80 bazillion other channels to choose from.

DVC2004
12-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Not usually home during the day, and never got into any daytime soaps, but I have caught this a couple times and I don't really care for it. I think there's just too many people on it and it just wasn't that interesting. I wouldn't miss it if it goes.