PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip begins this Sat! Road updates please!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-11-2011, 09:45 AM
We are leaving in just 4 more sleeps!!!

We are driving from the Detroit area down to the :mickey:.

Any construction, high traffic areas, speed traps that we need to be aware of?

I know that just about the entire state of Georgia is a speed trap.

We are driving to Atlanta on Saturday and then the rest of the way to AKL Kidani on Sunday.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

JoDisney
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I understand RandMcNally.com offers text updates on traffic alerts and construction. This is something that is ever-changing and even can change whether you have a AAA trip tik or a GPS.

Itchy
10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
We will be leaving Sat night from the St Louis area and driving straight thru. I check the AAA web site [link removed]
they have a links to all of the states highway dept maps of current construction, ect. As far as speed traps I have found that Illinois had as many troopers on the road as Georgia. Tennessee had their share as well.

As a retired police officer I can say that most states and officers will give you at least 5 mph over the speed limit, after that you are fair game.

When we drive down most of the time we stay in Macon at exit 3 off of I-475 they have a lot of motels there as well as . From there is is about a 5 to 6 hr drive.

Have a safe trip.:mickey:

Hope

Scott C
10-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I suppose that you are driving I-75 all of the way. When we went a couple of weeks ago we picked up 75 in chattanooga. There was construction in Georgia in about three spots - near the Atlanta airport -- just south of macon and I believe just south of perry. Nothing bad but worth noting. Agreed on exit 3 on the macon bypass - we have stayed there several times. I would avoid staying in Cordele GA -- trains all night long.

From a friend of mine -- I-75 is a bit of a mess south of Cincinnati on the Kentucky side.

Thanks
Scott C

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone! I-75 ALL THE WAY!

We are staying in Kennesaw, GA as that is where my SIL lives. She won't be there but, we've been to that area and like it.

Looking back at my trip notes from drives past, we have always hit traffic around Cinn but, the traffic is HORRENDOUS north bound. Southbound was nothing worth noting. In fact, my notes on the way down say... find an alternate route home around Cinn. :D

Having traveled to ATL on many occassions for work, I'm prepared for traffic at any day at any time for no apparent reason. :D

Now I'm going to check out some of the websites suggested. Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Scott C
10-11-2011, 03:45 PM
well, around cincinnati and atlanta -- I do find it is much quick just to stay on the main road -- macon however it is a shortcut to take the bypass

enjoy
scott c