PDA

View Full Version : Pop again what havent i discovered

Crow
10-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Ive stayed here a few times already. my first trip w gf/fiancee was here. and we are staying here again in 2 wks. Ive looked at the things in lobby, walked across the bridge, visited the shop, ate at food court, seen fireworks from outside my room, been at the pool in the 50s area, walked at night in Jan in the fog, filled my mug w slushies as a mixer, been thru the morning crowds in the food court...
wat else?

McLiberal8
10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Outside of the arcade, I think you've hit it all.

The value resorts aren't really resorts, per se. It's the basic needed at a hotel; pools, a food court, a gift shop. But people are paying that value price at the cost of having less amenities, and less of a resort feel.

Tink#64
10-11-2011, 12:30 AM
As with anything else - your experience has alot to do with your state of mind! For us Pop is a great resort! Part of the magic is just being there & taking it all in! I love to walk the property in the early AM & watch everyone/everything coming to life & welcoming the new day! In the morning, one of my fav experiences is sitting by the Hippy Dippy pool, watching a family of ducks swimming there until the CM cleaning shoo's them away! So cute to watch, I've seen this countless times! We've seen so much wildlife there, ducks, strange birds, bunnies, fish, & those adorable tiny lizards are everywhere! Love our sleep in day & hanging out by the Hippy Dippy pool listening to the oldies music. Walking around & reading all of the timeline signs! The icon's from the various decades are very nostalgic to me! Tie Dye cheesecake for a treat at anytime - yummy! This year my guys got hooked on the icecream sundaes! Catching the CM's in the food court doing The Hustle, or game of ping pong behind Classic Hall, Fun!

Spending an evening at the resort! Drinks from Petals Pool Bar, walking around & seeing all the icons lit up at night & walking around Hour Glass Lake & seeing all of the resorts lights reflected there! :cool: Also very neat to see some of the nightly fireworks even if we gave a nice relaxing night in! :number1:

Crow
10-15-2011, 02:57 PM
yep to wildlife, fireworks. walking around the lake seeing the signs. i just dont like walking past the smoking area.