PDA

View Full Version : A Whole New World-Pre-trip Report

DisneyRN
10-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Pre-trip report
I had been promising to take DD on a trip to thank her for putting up with all my studying, as I graduated back in May with my Master’s degree. Originally, we looked at New Orleans, as I am engaged and all extra money is being saved for our Hawaiian wedding next June. But, I got “that itch” sometime last month, and started looking at prices. My fiancé is still a Florida resident, so economically it made more sense to go to WDW, as the hotel alone was $350 then New Orleans. So, we changed plans… :thumbsup:

Cast of characters:

Me-Mary, 33, nurse, mom, fiance’, and WDW enthusiast. I’ve been to Disneyworld almost every year in the past decade, but I still want to go a thousand times more. :cloud9:

Fiance’- Jamey, 31, computer guru, future husband, step-dad. Jamey has only been to WDW once, so he isn’t quite sure what to expect, but he is excited.

DD- Abby, 8. She loves WDW as much as me! We technically are celebrating her 9th birthday while we are there, as it is the week after we get home. :cool:

We are staying at the Pop Century, and we have requested a room in the 90’s section, Bldg. 9. We want to be out of the way, and we are in a standard room. Hopefully, we will be near a parking lot, which was a goal, as we plan to drive as much as possible. I am a little skeptical of the Pop Century, because I have read some iffy reviews and had one bad experience with a Value resort. But, I am hoping for the best! :blush:

Jamey bought tickets from the Navy base that he works, as he is a DOD contract worker. We purchased tickets for MNSSHP for Tuesday, 10/11. Basically, we are hitting the four parks right in a row- MK, Epcot, DS, and AK. It is a very basic trip. I am used to park hopping and going from here-to-there, but definetly not doing that this trip. Another new one for me!

Also new this trip is no dining plan. The past I don’t even know how many trips, I have had a deluxe dining plan, so “winging it” is a whole new experience for me. Our only PS meals I made are lunch at the Plaza for Tuesday and dinner at Ragland Road our first night there. I would like to see if we can get walk-up seating at T-Rex on our last night. :beer:

Other than that, I am excited about the Food & Wine Festival. I hope to sample as many booths as possible and bring home LOTS of wine. And, I am excited to spend time with my “new” family!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Hope you have a wonderful trip:mickey:

emerzmom
10-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Sounds like it should be a great trip! Enjoy.
:mickey:
Julie

faline
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Have fun! Let us know all about it when you get back!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup:

DisneyRN
10-15-2011, 08:21 PM
I will never, never, ever, never try to cram that much into that few days...when it is hot...with 97% humidity...with a small, cramped room.

This equals moody couple. :-o

I don't sleep well, as it is. We had noisy neighbors/hard bed. So, I woke up each morning in a bad mood. That makes for Mary in a bad bood. I shouldn't have done that to me/DD/fiance.

Too much/too rushed/trying to show fiance' "the world."

:down:

I will right more later. We just got home 3 hours ago. I am pooped. I think I need a drink. :marg:

faline
10-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Mary, I'm sorry! Sounds like it might have been a rough trip! Hope I'm wrong!