PDA

View Full Version : Our First Family Trip - September 26 - October 3, 2011 - Day 7 - Ohana's/Epcot F&W

desilu78
10-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Another early start. this is the day we were suppose to check out, go to Pop Century and check in. So since they extended our stay at Poly I still had to go to front desk, check out and recheck back in due to the system. Before I did that we decided to go to Ohana's first. Connor and I just went to this breakfast in July and it was just as good. As expected Connor did not eat, but at least Jason ate a little more than the previous 2 days. So Connor was able ot see Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. They had also taken a pic of us before we went to our table. So the girl brought us our photos. Once we ate I went to front desk to square away everything then we headed to TTC to catch monorail to Epcot. When we got there it was still kind of early for the F&W Fest so we went on Spaceship Earth and Soarin. We also went through a few shops. After we headed to the Welcome Center. I bought my F&W gift Card beacelet and a few other things. After we decided to head over to World Showcase. We went in the direction towards Canada and our last stop would be Mexico area. So we looked at the merchadise booth first and I grabbed a passport for all of the booths I visted to stamp it. Very cool idea. So i scoped all of the booths as we walked and the first booth I decided to try was France. They had a frozen Frink that was very tasty. Decided not to get food yet since I was still full from breakfast. So we sat in France for a little bit while I sipped on my drink. After a while we decided to move. Connoe of course was getting hungry so we stopped in Italy in Via Napoli to get him some Italian Food. He settled for Spaghetti and Meatballs. Jason and I just had a glass of Rosa Regale. After he was done went and passed some more booths. We wound up going all the way to China to try the first dish (Black Pepper Shrimp with noodles and pork pot stickers). Very good!! Then we wound up making the whole circle and walking it again. I went back France and got the escargot. Next thing I tasted was the dish at Japan (it was chopped up raw tuna and salmon in this soy sauce mixture). Very tasty. They also had a tasty beverage that I sucked down. We also took a break to check the score of the Saints game (they did win that day. HOORAY!!). After we decided to go to the America part to go inside to watch the American Adventure. Connor decided to take a nap during that. After it was over we headed by Germany and I tried the sausage and pretzel. Was least of my favorites. Would probably not try it again. Pretzel did not have flavor and did not care for the sausage. After we decided to go into Mexico and ride the ride again. After I went to the place they sell the specialty margaritas. Once we left Jason stopped at the Mexico booth and tried the Ribeye Tacos. I thought it was ok, he liked it. Next I tired Brazil. It was the best dish I had out of all the dishes I tried. it was a Mahi Mahi with coconut rice and a sauce on top to die for. So after those we were done trying things. We decided to make one last stop at the souvenir shop and Art of Disney. We saw a name of a statue we wanted but they did not have (we looked it up online to see a pic if it). It was Mickey proposing to Minnie. Thought it would be something to remember our trip by. So they said they might have it at Downtown Disney. We tried to call but no one answered so we decided to chance it and go over there. We first make a stop to the hotel to drop off bags. Before we get to the room I decide to stop at the snack bar to get a Dole Whip. So I got it and when we got back to the room we freshened up and I decided to only bring a small bag to DD. Well I was transfering items to the smaller bag and wallet is missing. My heart starts racing. I know I had just had my wallet because I had to whip out my key to get snack credit. So it had to drop between Captain Cooks and room. Jason raced back to see if he saw it. He came back with no luck. So I called front desk to inform them and they put out an alert. Bad part is if I did not find it I was in a heap of trouble cause it had my son's birth certificate and social security info and my driver's licence in it. So we could not get on a plane the next day we could not find it. So instead of moping in the room I told Jason lets just go to DD and we will check front desk when we get back. We met Jason's friend who works at HS out there and looked in some shops. We also checked the Art of disney to see if they had the statue. No luck. So we decided to treat his firend to dinner cause we had a bunch of quick service meals left. We ate dinner (cannot remember the name of the pace, but it has a chicken place in it). We ate the wraps. Was not that impressed, plus was worried about the wallet situation. So we decide to head back to hotel. So I go to front desk and good news, someone turned in my wallet. I was so estatic. All of those worries left me. My wallet was untouched. So after we went in gift shop to look around, then decided to head back to room to finish packing. We also decided to crack open the non alcholic juice for Connor and rose regale for Jason and I to toast to the last night since we did not do it after the engagement. We packed up and finally went to bed. Very early wake up call ahead of us - 4:30 AM - departure day. :down:

emerzmom
10-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Wow! Your F&W tour sounded yummy!
:mickey:
Julie

faline
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
You were so lucky to have your wallet turned in intact! There truly are some wonderful folks in the world! Hope that helped ease the disappointment of not finding the piece you wanted!

yjgirl32
10-10-2011, 09:50 AM
I had the same thing happen- lost my wallet 2 days before we were to leave for Disney. Thank goodness I found it- but was also in a panic.

brivers222
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
ugh i know the feeling.... I put my expensive camera down to get my KTWK out of my pocket when i was at SSR in '04... totally forgot to pick it back up because now i was holding our food trays.... Got to the car and wanted to take a final picture of SSR before heading out on our way, NO CAMERA!!!!! heart started racing and i decided to go back in and ask. Seems someone did find it and returned it untouched to the front desk. relief... glad your wallet was returned also.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
mmmmm....would love to do the F&W festival some day

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks for getting me excited for the F&Wfest! Now my first order of business on day one is to get my F&W gc bracelet and will HAVE to pick up my passport.

pdrlkr
10-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
10-19-2011, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the report.