PDA

View Full Version : Our First Family Trip - September 26 - October 3, 2011 - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

desilu78
10-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Well another wake up call by Mickey and Stitch. And another wonderful cup of coffee but my wonderful boyfriend. So we get ready and once we are dressed and packed we head to the bus stop to go to Animal Kingdom. So when we get in the park we do the norm 1st tihng, get the stroller. Then we stop and take a few pics hen head to Mt Everest. Connor is skeptical to ride this ride. But we convinve him and he becomes brave. So we did the ride and not sure if he like it too much. But still to this day he says he wants to go back on it. So after we decided to brave the water rapids ride. We got soaked. We even put on ponchos. Well I did think to bring an extra pair of clothes for Connor but not for Jason and I. So we had to walk around wet. The water on that ride does not smell to pleasant either. So next we decided to go to the safari. Very nice. Most of the animals were out. Shot a ton of pics there. After we walkewd through the trail. Saw some great animals there too. After we decided we were getting hungry - again we did not have breakfast - so we checked with Yak and Yeti to see if they could take us early. They could. So we ate there and I highly recommend it. Food was great. After a while I had a surprise phone call from a friend who lives in the area (did not realize he lived so close to Disney) to say they were at AK. So after we ate, him and his gf met us in Dinoland. Jason tried to win Connor some stuffed animals. $40 later he won him a couple. Connor did not want to ride the rides in there, so we saw that Goofy and Pluto was do a photo/autograph session. So we waited in line and my friends were able to meet us there. So they tagged along with us the rest of the park day. After we went by the area where you can dig up bones. Jason and my friend's gf took Connor inside while my friend and I chatted for a while. After we all went to It's Tough to Be a Bug. Once that was over we walked in the gift shops. Connor was getting restless at this point and was ready to go back to hotel. So we said our goodbyes and headed back to hotel.

Here is where I promised I would fill you in. A few months back I had to go into my reservation to input info for magical express. While trying to find it I stumbled upon a section called celebrations and I clicked on it. Well it mentioned Jason's bday and Connor's bday celebrations. But underneath that it mentioned Engagement. I tried not to think anything of it since Jason mentioned to me he definitely was not going to propose in Disney cause he did not want to risk bringing the ring with him. He was afraid he was going to lose it. So I ignored it. then when we went to check in Jason took Connor to walk around and the front desk person said congrats on my engagement. I told here I was not engaged. So she felt bad and handed me 2 buttons that said "Just Engaged". She said to hang on to it just in case. So I hurried up to hide them so Jason would not see it. Again I tried to get it out of my mind. So we return from Animal Kingdom and I was gthe first to open the door to the room. I saw flowers on the table. Then I saw a gift next to it. I read the card and it said Thanks for saying Yes. Well then Jason was so upset. The gift was Mickey and Minnie Bride and Groom Ears with our names on it with three champagne glasses and champagne. So Jason was so upset. He called the florist and the front desk. They had specific instructions on it to deliver between 7pm and 8pm. Well needless to say that did not happen. So after speaking to everyone he was able to get some of his money back and we were suppose to go to Pop Century our last night (we had decided to extend our vaca an additional night because it was cheaper fly out on Monday instead of Sunday. So Poly could not accomodiate us for Sunday night that is why I had boked Pop.) and they decided not to make us switch hotels we could keep the same room for the price we would hacve paid at Pop. I felt so bad for Jason. I was trying to cheer him up by saying look everything else is going to be perfect. He tried to throw me off by saying he was not going to do what he intended to do.

So we have dinner reservations at Cali Grill (this was Jason's bday present) and we were going to put Connor in Neverland Club. So we go drop him off. Go back to room, get ready, then go to lobby to get on monrail to Contemporary. Originally our reservations were for 9Pm, but the hotel had called me a few months before we left to see if we could change the time to 7PM (later I learned he had called his firend there to change it). So when we git checked in we had to wait about 25 min for our table. We hung out at the bar and finally our table was ready. So they seat us by a table looking directly at the castle (again he set that up with the help of his friend). Perfvect cause we can see the fireworks. So we take our time ordering so we can have dessert while watching fireworks. Food was delicious. After dinner I excuse myself to go to restroom and when I come back we order dessert. Fireworks are about to start and they bring out a plate with a lid. They lift up the lid and there is a glass slipper sitting on top of a bed of flowers to look like a pillow. Inside the slipper is a ring. Jason got on one knee and proposed to me as the fireworks are going off. So romantic. Of course I cried and said yes. Everyone in restaurant appluded and someone bought us a bottle of champagne. So after the hoopla we decided to get the check so we can tell Connor the exciting news. Once we pick him up and tell him he said "Cool, now can you build a lego for me." That little sucker :D We had promised before dinner that when we picked him up we would buold the lego for him. He remembered. So we get a phone call that I accidentially left my credit card at the restaurant. They said that they would have it delivered to the hotel. I will let you know in tomorrow's trip report if that happens. Now off to sleep we go. Another early day - Chef Mickey's and Magic Kingdom.

gerald72
10-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Nice story.

emerzmom
10-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Sorry there was a mix up but your proposal still sounds romantic and wonderful. Congrats to all 3 of you!
:mickey:
Julie

faline
10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Even if things got turned around a bit, it was a lovely proposal! Congrats on your engagement!!

jillluvsdisney
10-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh, that is so sweet. Great story how it all worked out.

desilu78
10-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Yes at least it is a story we can retell to future generations and it will be just as exciting as the first time we told it :D

yjgirl32
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
So sorry about the mix up but was a really romantic way to propose!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Well, it worked out in the end anyway, congratulations:)

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Happy Engagement! No matter if you "knew" or not, it is a wonderful story to tell! :thumbsup:

vizsla
10-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the report.

TKDONALD
10-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all the congrats!!!!

Jason and Desi

Joannelet
10-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Congrats on your engagement!!! No matter what happened that didn't go as planned it is still a wonderful story!!!! :party:

pdrlkr
10-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

SBETigg
10-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Yes at least it is a story we can retell to future generations and it will be just as exciting as the first time we told it :D

That's right! Sometimes, it's when things don't go perfectly as planned that we cherish the memories all the more. Congratulations and best wishes! How wonderful!

AgentC
10-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Congratulations on the engagement. Sounds like it turned out perfect even with the problem at the hotel.