PDA

View Full Version : Quick trip report 9/28 - 10/3

AntMagsMom
10-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Well, we've been back for not quite a full week and I'm having WDW withdrawls already!! :mickey: So much that I started to look way ahead to our next trip which will be 2013. We decided (boo hoo) to skip next year because we need to replace our pool and fence. Oh well.

Anyway, we had a great trip! My parents went with us so it was a much different experience. We had to slow things down a little from what we're used to and I feel like we did miss some things but it still worked out. Weather-wise it was incredible! I think we literally had five minutes of rain the whole trip and we were at the pool so no one even cared! We stayed at a 2BR suite at Bay Lake Tower and I honestly don't think I'll stay anywhere else now. I loved that we could walk to Magic Kingdom. The crowds were high but I think that because of the 49th anniversary and the beginning of the F&W festival. I didn't give either of those enough thought when I planned this trip. Epcot was mobbed when we were there so we kind of skipped a few countries which was okay because my Mom was tired so again it all worked out.

Funny highlight of our trip, every year we seem to get ourselves in some show, actually my husband does! In 2008 he was called on stage at the Hoop-de-do Review, last year he was in the Backlot Tour show at the beginning with the ships and this year we were asked to be the family that opens the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. They announced our name and my daughter rang the bell. It was fun and we joked about how we always end up part of the Magic!!

We were able to see some things we hadn't seen before, Electric LIght Water parade and Fantasmic so that was great! We loved the pool at BLT and it was never really crowded and we were there almost every day. The only bad thing I can say is that our trip ended and now I can only begin to plan 2013!!

tinksmom02
10-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Glad you had a great time! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a great trip:mickey:

emerzmom
10-08-2011, 07:11 PM
I am glad you had a great trip. We are going in March staying at Bay Lake Tower for the first time. I can't wait!
Thanks for the report.
:mickey:
Julie

faline
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Bay Lake Tower is a wonderful location from which to base your Disney trip! Sounds like it was fun trip!

disney obsessed
10-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I was there over the weekend too. Your right. the weather was incredible!