PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating the BIG 3-0

LuvsTigger80
10-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Okay!! So last time I started this...we lost power for about 2 seconds and everything I wrote disappeard...so I will try this again!

First a little back story to start. We were planning on going to Mickey's Halloween Party this year seeing as though we missed last years! So we all bought tickets for the September 30th. Which also happens to be my hubby's birthday! Along comes May and my mother in law watches a DVC thingy and wants to talk to DVC agent next time we are at Disneyland! (we go alot..we only live 15 miles away) So we go and sit and listen. I then tell her we have enough money for a down payment. We were saving money for our 2012 vacation to WDW. So we sign the dotted lines...well actually the hubby does and we walk out dvc memebers! Exciting right...all I think about is booking our 2012 trip. And he says all I ask for is a Birthday stay at any Disneyland Hotel. So that is how our trip became a trip...:thumbsup:

The list of characters:

Me-Sam the planner of all Disney vacations. the others just had me the money and show up when told too...lol

The Hubby: John- loves taking pictures of everything Disney(I will upload pictures later).

The MIL: Norma- very lucky to have a MIL as awesome as her...she is the best. And she loves Disney just as much as we do.

The spoiled Child: Carl- he is my one and only. When he points he does the CM point.

My BIL and SIL join us for a couple of adventures this trip!

So on to the story. A week before we were checking in...we decided to add a night to our stay since we had extra points from changing our WDW resort! In hinesight I'm glad we added that night!We were stay at the Disneyland Hotel with a DTD view! Awesome.

We arrived at 3:00 pm on Thursday, Sept 29th! Got us all checked in and they told me the room wasn't ready and we will text you when it is. I said ok! and we went out to unload our stuff with bell service. Mind you we had 2 suitcases and 4 costumes and all the stuff to go with it. Lots of stuff. The hubby went and parked the car...(which thankfully because we are DVC members, was free!) So to pass the time we went to Trader Sam's! My hubby had one agenda on this trip....and that was to get his drink on! So we sat down and ordered. First round: He ordered the Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki Rum....(he loved it). The MIL and I ordered the Krakatoa Punch (we wanted the cool glass and glow cube) and my son got the kid friendly Schweitzer Falls..which he really didn't like...he is 5! It was so much fun sitting in there and watching all the fun stuff that happens when you order certain drinks. After we finished our drinks the Hubby and I decided to share one more drink. I wanted to try the Piranha Pool! I wish we didn't share this...it was so yummy! By the time we finished it was 430 and no word on our room. It was suppose to be done by 4 or so they told me when I checked in. Ended up back at guest services trying to figure out why the room wasn't ready. they forgot to release the room when they were done cleaning it. The CM said we will credit you room the cost of one night. I said that was nice but we didn't pay cash...we are using DVC points. She then handed my dinner vouchers good for $35 per person for and dinner we wanted...well except napa rose. We had planned on going to Steakhouse 55...so that worked out well. So FINALLY we get in our room and start to get our stuff organized. The boys decided that they needed to go and try out the pool. I was happy staying in the room with my MIL who was still putting the finishing touches on my costume. the boys come back about 45 mins later. It started to get cold...and were hungry. Well our ressie wasn't until 730 but we went down at about 630 and they sat us then. We ordered our drinks...nothing fun. A round of Diet coke for the adults and sprite for the child. And then onto the appertizers....

ME: Dungeness Crab Cakes- this was so yummy. And the presentation was awesome!

the Hubby: Charcuterie Plate- he loved this. It is a plate with American Speck, Salametto, Sopressata, Olives, Cornichons

MIL: "Steakhouse 55" Seven Onion Soup- The way they make this soup was very cool...they mix everything in the bowl in front of you. and it was very good.

My son was just happy with the bread and butter on the table. Boudin sourdough bread would make anyone happy...lol

We enjoyed our appitizers. At this point I had the waitress our vouchers and ordered our main dishes.

Me: Roasted Prime Rib(med rare) with Asparagus Spears with Hollandaise(the sides are extra and do not come with the entrees)...this was by far the best prime rib I have ever eaten. The asparagus were good too!

the hubby: Dry Aged Bone-in New York Strip(med rare) with Chef's Potato Stack Au Gratin. He loved the potatos..he said his steak was good...but mine was better.

MIL: Filet Mignon(med rare) with Sauteed Green Beans with Applewood-Smoked Bacon. By far her side was the best. She enjoyed her food..there was a clean plate at the end...and she never finishes all her food. So it must have been good..lol

Carl: Grilled Chicken Breast and Pasta...he liked his...ate all the chicken and most of the pasta.

So by this time we were all very full from dinner that the only one to even think about dessert were the boys. When our waitress came she said that dessert was including. So we all ordered dessert.

Me: Vanilla Bean Yogurt Cheesecake - With Seasonal Berries. This was yummy and just the right size.

The hubby: he ordered a 24 layer milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and nutella cake. He was in HEAVEN!!!

MIL: Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee- she liked this.especailly the top which was all she ate..lol

Carl: got ice cream and was very very happen with it. And he ate the berries off of my plate:

So we finished. They cleared the table. We then waited and waited and waited. The waitress comes over and says thank you for eating with us and enjoy the rest of the night. We all look at each other kinda puzzled. We never got the rest of the bill...those vouchers were for $35 off per person. So the hubby and son get up and my mil and I wait to talk to the waitress. She said that there was no bill and that everything was coverd with the vouchers. We left her a $40 tip and said thank you! What a great start to our vacation. That meal was easily $220. And the hotel picked up the whole meal for their error. We then went to the Lego store and back to our room. We had a busy day the next day!

Coming up: morning at Disneyland and Halloween Party!

NotaGeek
10-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the post -- sounds like an awesome first day! :mickey:

DisneyLandMomma
10-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Thanks for reporting!! :) Can't wait to read the rest!

LuvsTigger80
10-12-2011, 04:02 PM
So we woke up bright and early...well actually I slept in...:D as we are up at 630 every morning to get rady for school/work! Anywho...we decided to hit Disneyland for a few hours. First we had a very yummy breakfast at Tangaroa Terrace. I ordered the breakfast wrap...small but very filling and it came with a side of potatos. The hubby ordered the breakfast platter...he enjoyed it. My son had the kids breakfast platter and my MIL had Grilled Cinnamon-Spiced Oatmeal Cakes. I think she had the winner for breakfast...these were very different but very good..

So after breakfast we walked over to Disneyland. And we rode mostly all the Holiday rides. Since those lines get long very quickly...and I wouldn't be able to get on any rides when we returned for the Halloween Party. We also got to take my son on Indiana Jones for the first time. He had a blast. At about 1130 it was getting warm..so we decided to hop on the monorail and head back to our room. It was time for some pool action. The monorail water slides are fun! And of course we ordered a round of drinks. I had a Tangerine Dream...my MIL had a mango margarita and I can not remember what my hubby had. My brother in law had an interview at Disney, so he stopped by also got a non alcholic drink. We enjoyed our pool time...but we needed to eat an early dinner and start getting ready for the party. So my son and I head back to the room before everyone else so that I can get him to take a nap...that didn't work out so well...but oh well.

By the time everyone else came back to the room...I was ready for food. The hubby and MIL picked up a pork pizza from Tangaroa. but that would not hold us over the whole party. So we decided on one of our favorites. Jazz Kitchen Express. Yummy!! I got my favorite...turkey po boy. Mil got the Fish and chips. The hubby got a platter and my son ordered the kids popcorn chicken. With food in our bellys we all laid down to relax. My son ended up falling asleep. Soon it was time for the party.

I was super excited to get ready. Well except for putting on the war paint. LOL. That wasn't too fun. My favorite villian is Ursula. So my wonderful SIL put in into my MIL head that I needed to be ursula for halloween. And when my MIL gets a challange she doesn't back down. so here I am all done our for the party.
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad316/Tigger0328/ursula.jpg
My son was Captain Hook....http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad316/Tigger0328/captainhook-1.jpg

My MIL was Minnie Mouse and the hubby was a disneyland popcorn box. Unfortantly I didn't get any Pictures of these this time around. I'm sure I have older pictures that I can find to share.

We also had a costume emergency. My SIL's zipper broke on her wedding dress...which was transformed in cindrella's ball dress.....
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad316/Tigger0328/cinderella-1.jpg And my BIL went as a Jedi...Fun times....we came home with a bag full of goodies. And boy were we all hot and tired after all that. I was practically running back to my room. So of course we were a bit munchy...but we couldn't find anything to eat. Room service was way to expensive and the line to just get into trader sasms was way to long. And I was in no shape to start walking into downtown disney. so we settled for some candy..and went to bed. We had a busy morning ahead of us!

Next up: A Walk in Walt's Footsteps, Pool time and Napa Rose!

NewDVCowner
10-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow. Awesome costumes! Thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
11-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: