PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo with a vegetarian?

WDWCrazyKaren
10-07-2011, 08:10 AM
My step-daughter is a vegetarian, and we would like to take her for her very first trip to the world next year. One of our favorite meals is Teppan Edo (I know, I know...not fine dining but it's got a soft spot in our hearts). We really want to take her BUT...do they have big offerings for vegetarians?

I am assuming they have no choice but to cook the food on the same grill, but she will want to know what is used to clean the grill between uses to make certain there may not be any meat "overflow". Has anyone seen how they prepare these meals? Do they use the same utensils for cooking that they use on the meat?

Seems a bit obsessive, but I need to be sensitive to her needs.

DH and I will have two bloody steaks please..:number1:

TinkerbellT421
10-07-2011, 08:16 AM
My suggestion would be possibly the California Roll sushi. Sushi does not always mean it is raw and does not always mean it has meat or fish. My first sushi experience (I was completely freaked out with the idea of raw fish :sick:) was the California Roll. But the California Roll is not all veggie but delicious! Is she a vegetrian that does or doesn't eat fish? But it will not have to be cooked on the same grill seeing it is more raw vegetable you can ask for them not to use the imitation crab and subsititute for another vegetable. I have a vegeterian friend who substitutes the crab for sweet potato. I am not sure if they will do this. But I do know that Disney is highly accomodating for people with special food needs such as diabetes, or allergies, etc so I would assume they would be willing to help her out as far as food options go. Also there is a menu here somewhere for Teppan where you can take a look at her options and see what she may enjoy eating.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for this info Tinkerbell. She does not eat fish either. And she never has problems finding things to actually eat, she will eat a lot of things, it's in the preparation that we end up with problems. She doesn't eat sushi that I know of, but I'll ask her. I suppose if she could get it substituted with something other than fish, maybe she would.

Thanks for the help!

Katzateer
10-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Since the sushi s made to order at California Grill - the chef makes it WHEN it s ordered - you can get anything in the sushi, vegetarian or not. :cloud9:

And you can get any special diet better tllc all ahead but they have enough fresh ingredients to make an a great veg. Meal.

Disney4us2
10-07-2011, 10:00 AM
We have been going to Teppan Edo on every trip. When you place your order they will ask about any allergies. Let them know at that time that you don't want anything cooked that has had meat etc on it.

Last visit we had a family with us that needed to gluten free. Everything they ordered for that person was cooked on a clean grill prior to anything else.

They also cook the noodles and the vegies first before putting the meats/fish/etc on the grill. The meats are always cooked last.

Have fun.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Thank you! I had totally forgotten that they make all the veggies in advance and do the meats and seafoods afterwards. Now that you say it, OF COURSE THEY DO!

See, I knew you guys could help! Thank you!