PDA

View Full Version : Split Stay and 10/1/2011 MK Madness

shellyc
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Returned Monday 10/3 after 3 nights at BCV and 2 nights at POP. We had the 45% discount on a studio and were upgraded to a 1BR. Never happened to us before (S to 1BR). It was on the first floor. When I checked in I said I want a studio on a high floor next to elevator. The not so sharp CM said you are by the elevator on the first floor. I was fustrated and said why would I want an elevator if I am on the first floor. We went to the room 103 and walked into a 1BR. I called the front desk and said that I wanted to check. The CM said "oh, you were upgraded". The not so sharp CM at the front desk did not tell us we were upgraded to a 1BR on our cash reservation. Wonderful stay at BCV.
On 10/1 we checked out early before 9AM to drive over to MK parking lot. The place was a madhouse already. Got to the turnstyles at 9:05AM and the wristbands and buttons were GONE. I went to Uptown Jewelers and stood in line for 45 min to buy the 40th shirts. It was crazy. I missed the 40th anniversary parade since I was still in line. We saw some friends in the crowd so we chatted, had lunch and then left to check into POP.
We requested a ground floor room near handicapp parking and were assigned a ground floor room in bldg 8 right near a handicapp parking place, but far from the food court. We had a rental car so it was OK.
We do split stays frequently and this was very nice. We did get a rental car at CCC after taking DME so we were pleased with this trip, but not pleased that the 40th anniversary pins were sold at the Haunted Mansion paid event the night before so were not available to much of the general public. We were not on the dining plan since we used our Tables In Wonderland Card.
On Friday night we had a family dinner at Portobello at DTD. My sis and bil moved to "The Villages" this past May, and their son from NYC flew down to visit so we all had dinner togeter on Friday. It was fun and my nephew (who paid) appreciated me giving him the TIW card to use.
On Saturday night after eating at Tutto in Epcot, I took DH back to the room at POP, parked the rental car and too the bus to MK. Waited 20 min for a bus at Pop and arrived just as the fireworks were starting. I crawled my way thru Main Street and got as far as Crystal Palace when the crowd was packed and could not pass. I did see the perimeter fireworks at the end. Then I stood elbow to elbow with the crowd for 15 minutes until I could get to Adventureland. Finally I found a spot and walked to Pirates, it was a walkon. I went around the corner and got to see the Country Bears. I was back on main street at 10 PM and got to the Pop bus stop at 10:15PM. I did not arrive back at Pop until 11:05PM. I would have stayed longer but I was tired. On Sunday we drove to "The Villages " to visit my sister and bil who moved there from NJ, and their two sons from NJ and NY were also visiting at the same time. Nice trip, but tiring.
Michele
Oops forgot to mention that we rented an intermediate from National at the CCC and they gave us a Volvo, very nice. When we returned to Newark NJ airport National car rental we picked out a Nissan Altima hybred for a 1 day rental to get us home.

pdrlkr
10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MinnieMommie
10-07-2011, 06:21 AM
NIce upgrade to a 1 bedroom! I think its always fun to meet up with friends and family when at WDW. Glad you got a chance to do that. Thanks for the report, :mickey:

faline
10-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Very busy trip! Getting the upgrade was very lucky!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Sounds great, thanks for the report