PDA

View Full Version : Photopass Question

ekatz
10-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi,

i haven't been to WDW since the advent of the photopass, so I have a few questions. I see a handful of locations for photopass on the MK map; however not that many.

Are the photopass photographers also wandering the parks or at other locations not noted on the maps. Are they at the hotels, pools or anywhere else?

Are they at the character dining or are those different photographers.

I am assuming they take good night photos as well, is that the case?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Liz
(leaving in less than 30 days!)

Disney Hungarian
10-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I am assuming they take good night photos as well, is that the case?

I can only comment on this question. I was totally disappointed with my photos. I had 80 photos taken in Sept and had a hard time filling the free photobook pages. I am a photographer so I am picky. But, even when they used my camera that I set up correctly for the shot it came out wonky. It seems they can't even hold a camera level. No sense of composition. It was a mess. The photopass editing tools are non-existant on the website. The redeeming thing is that you can get your money back if you pre-purchase and are not satisfied. So, I say give it a go and see how they turn out. :thumbsup:

Tink#64
10-05-2011, 11:38 PM
I've never paid any attention to the noted photopass areas on the park maps, but you'll find them near each parks icon & scattered throughout each park. Most of our pics are really good, I really like alot of the silly posed shots that they do. And yes, they take much better night photos than my camera does! With that said, we never prepurchase the cd, we wait until we're home & log on to check out the photos & then place our order. We always like most & order several prints, we've also bought mugs, mouse pads, etc. We never like all of the pics and this year, I have to say, we just weren't hugley impressed! Some great shots to be sure, but far more - eh! Another thing we thought was really silly, were the photos of the characters just randomly thrown in! These pics weren't with my family mind you, just pics of the characters in various locations! :unsure:

Still, I think Photopass is great & we have as many photos taken by them as possible so that we have lots to choose from! :thumbsup:

mrmcgiv
10-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I never followed them on the map either, but they seem to be speckled throughout the park. They are typically not at character dining locations. I have not done it but heard that when you come home you can add your own photos to the photopass which will allow you to add borders and more..

WDWForever
10-06-2011, 08:10 AM
I've never used the map to find them since they are scattered all over the place in each of the parks. I've seen them at most character meet & greets but not at character dining. At most of the character dining they have photographers who take a family photo at the beginning and offer it to you to buy then and there at some point during your meal. I haven't seen them at the hotels but they were around at the water parks.

One suggestion, write down the number on the back of the photopass card or take a picture of it. So that even if you lose the card you'll still have access to the pictures.

BelleBeauty
10-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I have never pre-purchased the CD but am considering it for our November trip. I checked with the Photopass Customer Service and if you prepay for the CD, but are not happy with the photos, you can return the prepaid CD and only buy the pictures that you want. That is a plus for anyone hoping to get enough pics to make the CD worthwhile.

In previous trips we've had great luck with the photos. But it was right after photopass started, so I'm not sure if the number of photographers has decreased. It is great because you get everyone in the photo. The nighttime shots are also really great because you need a tripod to capture the lights effectively (which I don't carry around).

We generally won't stop to take pictures during a trip, so it is worth it for us to at least try the photopass and get some memories of the trip. The special touches they do (adding tink or simba to your photo) are always cute too :mickey:

TheHD
10-07-2011, 04:58 PM
We just pre-purchased the PhotoPass CD for the first time.

I like using the PhotoPass locations and photographs because you can get the whole family in the picture without having to constantly ask random people or CMs to take your entire family's photo.

ekatz
10-07-2011, 11:57 PM
i LOVE pictures of my family and kids and take way too many myself, so we are definitely signing up for photopass. thanks again.
liz

disneyfan328
10-08-2011, 09:42 PM
I have to say that in our two trips since they started the photopass we have used it both times. once we purchased it after and the last time we prepurchased it.

All of our photos were wonderful and with all of the add ons like character signatures and changing them to black and white/ sepia etc with borders and park icons and such it is very hard not to come up with 9 or 10 photos that you like. I say this becuase the smallest photo that you can buy (as of the last time I used it) was a 5x7 and they were 12 or 13.00 a piece to purchase. So prepurchase the cd for 99$ is definetley the way to go over waiting and paying 150.00 for it after you get back.

and yes you get all of your originals plus all of the photos with the add ons that you do on the site. Our last photopass came on 4 cd's and I had well over 500 photos (I think I started with around 100 or so originals since they usually take 3 or 4 each time you get them done. We also preordered the photobook which turned out great! again preordering it saved us money!:thumbsup: