PDA

View Full Version : Handicap bathing facilities

LVT
10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I was wondering about the handicap bathroom options at WDW. Are there multiple layouts?
BIL needs seat in shower with control handles adjacent. (1 leg) Is this an option in any resort? thank you. I have a similar question over in the DVC area.

ElenitaB
10-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I haven't had an accessible room in a resort, but that is the layout we've had in accessible DVC rooms (1 bedroom at OKW, studios at OKW and VWL).

Disney Hungarian
10-05-2011, 08:40 PM
As far as I know all wheel-chair accessible rooms have hand bars in the tub. You can request a seat that goes across the tub for safety. The roll-in showers are few and far between and have a fold down seat and have hand bars.

Hammer
10-06-2011, 07:00 AM
As far as I know all wheel-chair accessible rooms have hand bars in the tub. You can request a seat that goes across the tub for safety. The roll-in showers are few and far between and have a fold down seat and have hand bars.

While I think it is difficult to get a room with a roll in shower in a regular resort room, when I have requested a handicap accessible room from member services (I'm a DVC member) I've always been asked if I need a roll-in shower. We say no, but we have gotten this bathroom configuration a few times anyway. I'm checking into SSR on Sunday and I'll see what my bathroom layout is and report back with pictures.

If for some reason Member Services does not ask you if you want a roll-in shower, since I think you are booking through DVC, be sure to tell them you need that.

LVT
10-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks to all. Sounds like phone calls will be in order.

Hammer
10-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Here is what we had in our Sartoga Spring 2 bedroom villa-

Master bedroom had a roll in shower and removable shower head
2nd bathroom had tub with bars on the sides. Shower head was not removable

LVT
10-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks again.