PDA

View Full Version : How to get from WDW to Universal w/ 2 ECVs?

PETE FROM NYC
10-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Just trying to think a year ahead.
DW and I are both ECV users. We want to do a day at Universal next year.
What would be the best and most economical way to get from WDW to Universal and back?

ElenitaB
10-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Pete, that's a difficult one. If you were travelling with just one ECV, I'd say to take one of the ECV-friendly cabs. Two ECVs pose quite the connundrum.

Wasn't it you who reported back that the public bus' stop at Universal isn't accessible?

I'd suggest calling Mears and asking them if they have a small bus (I'm thinking along the lines of the Access-A-Ride vans we see here in NYC).

Hopefully someone will come along with a solution...

PETE FROM NYC
10-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Ellen,
If it was just 1 ECV, I could use my own car which is equipped with an ECV lift. But the car will not fit 2 ECVs. I know, I tried.

Cinderelley
01-22-2012, 12:06 AM
There is probably a transport company in Orlando for medical transports. It may cost a lot though.

PETE FROM NYC
06-04-2012, 05:12 PM
To make matters worse, there will be a total of six adults needing this transportation.
What I want to look into is renting a large van for the day.
Any more sugestion will be appreciated.

VWL Mom
06-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Can your vehicle hold 6 people and 1 ecv? If so it may be more cost efficient to use your own car, take 1ecv, and rent an ecv at universal. I checked online and they are $50 per day and require advance reservations.

ransam
06-07-2012, 02:19 PM
as opposed to renting a van for the day, it may just be easier, less hassle, and even cheaper to just drive there and rent an EVC from Universal.
That's what we did last year.

PETE FROM NYC
06-10-2012, 12:52 AM
as opposed to renting a van for the day, it may just be easier, less hassle, and even cheaper to just drive there and rent an EVC from Universal.
That's what we did last year.

Would not work. My Expedition is a 5 seater.

disneydeb
06-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Pete, that's a difficult one. If you were travelling with just one ECV, I'd say to take one of the ECV-friendly cabs. Two ECVs pose quite the connundrum.

Take 2 ECV friendly cabs??? ;)

PETE FROM NYC
06-18-2012, 08:03 PM
I think that I may have solved my problem.
This afternoon, DW and I stopped by our local FORD dealership to price a brand new Expedition Extended Length, XLT trim.

Can anyone reading this loan me 50K?

ElenitaB
06-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Will Monopoly money work?

PETE FROM NYC
08-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I picked up the new Expedition XL last week, had my lift installed and did some arranging and testing with DWs ECV. I now have plenty of room for a second ECV.
Now I am just waiting for my ECV to be delivered to the supplier, then they will send it to the lift place for the bracket that will work on my lift.
I am getting very anxious lately. We start down on 9/15 for a nice leisurely drive to the happiest place on earth.

HEY ELLEN
WHEN WE DRIVE THROUGH YOUR AREA, I WILL BE WAVING OUT THE WINDOW.

ElenitaB
08-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the new wheels (both sets)!

Better yet, stop by! We're seven streets away from exit 1 off the Belt. and then five avenues away from the entrance to the Gowanus to get on the bridge.

I'd love to see your ECV lift and meet you both. I recently got a hitch thingie for my ECV and will soon be getting a new car to put it on. :)

VWL Mom
08-14-2012, 10:40 AM
This post went from finding the cheapest was to get to universal to buying a new expedition - honestly think 2 cabs may have been cheaper :mickey:

Enjoy your purchase and the ride down.