PDA

View Full Version : Any one feel this way?

Chic-a-pin
10-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I know my fellow Intercotees can relate to this: A lot of us are very emotional when it comes to certain Disney things, i.e. Wishes and tend to tear up. Does anyone else feel like they're the only one in the whole crowd around you that gets that way and others look at you like you're crazy, LOL??!! I don't really care, but I think its kinda funny that I think about that though :mickey: I KNOW I'm disneyCRAZY!!!

darthmacho
10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
While I don't get teary so much, I do feel the emotion, mostly in the form of elation, which is unusual for me because I'm almost always wound like a top and worrying about something. Most often this happens at park opening, when I see an empty Main Street (or any park entrance). Sometimes, though, I look around and think to myself, "why am I getting so emotional? It's just a theme park!" and that's when I wonder if I really am crazy! :mickey:

Goofeygal
10-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I am one who tears up at Wishes. I at time feel crazy too because I can just take a walk through Fort Wilderness and very emotional. Alot of memories at the campground when my kids were younger.:cloud9:

McLiberal8
10-05-2011, 07:02 PM
I look around and think to myself, "why am I getting so emotional? It's just a theme park!"

Oh, but it's SO much more! Disney is a representation of something wonderful. Youth, wishes, dreams, imagination, innovation, strength of character...

I think when we go to the parks, these things tend to come out. We are visiting the physical representation of the 'spirit' of Walt Disney. I think that's pretty awesome, and a totally justifiable reason to get emotional. :mickey:

Goofeygal
10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I agree totally, that is why Fort Wilderness brings that out in me.

buddie
10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Uh, can't say that it does.
It's only entertainment.

Wolf
10-06-2011, 12:04 AM
I tear up at alot of Disney things, when I see a Disney movie in theaters I always tear up seeing the castle. Tons of things in Disney make me tear up, seeing the castle, the fountain in Epcot, its just so magical and when I get to see it with my Mom its even more, its just all so important and even little things can do me in...I'm kinda a emotional-fluff ball anyway but when its Disney I get very emotional

mickey_M_lvr
10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Uh, can't say that it does.
It's only entertainment.

Not all of us have the luxury of living right next door the the magic. Maybe the whole thing is mundane to you but to me....it is a place that I went on my honeymoon. It's a place my son go to see Mickey for the first time. Or where he scared Mr. Smee because he was dressed like Cpt. Hook.. Those are memories that all come flooding back when I walk down Main Street.

Ultimately I am sorry for you beacuse "it's only entertainment'...for the rest of us it's so much more.

CosmicRay
10-06-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm so bad that when I'm in my car driving around, I play some of the park music (Wishes, previous parades or firework shows) and I get teary eyed thinking of it then! My older kids used to look at me as if I'm crazy. But they know it's just how mom is - thinking of the times we've gone in the past and look forward to the next trip in our future!

TinkerbellT421
10-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I tear up everytime I see wishes. I ball my eyes out everytime I watch Illuminations. And like you said Mickey_M_luvr. It is so much more than just entertainment.

Its the place when I remember my father who passed away 8 years ago. When I was 8 years old he paid for us to go there for the first time, and what I thought at the time was the only time. But now that I have been a regular visitor with DBF, every year when we ride Figment as cheesy as some may find it, I remember my dad and think back to that moment we had. We bonded with that ride. It was the only ride he could ride with me as having a heart condition there were many rides he couldn't take the chance in riding. To this day I remember that moment like it was yesterday. It was the only ride I was able to ride with my dad, while many kids may take the opportunities for granted, at that moment I didn't. And forever every time I ride that ride I remember being so happy with him riding laughing and singing through that ride. And just sitting here reminiscing about me makes me tear up.

So to make a long answer short chic-a-pin. No you are not alone :blush::cloud9::mickey:

buddie
10-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Ultimately I am sorry for you
Thanks, but no need to feel sorry for me though.
I don't tear up, but that doesn't mean that I don't still enjoy going to or being at WDW.
I too have many great memories but I also get to experience WDW on an almost daily basis from a totally different perspective. And even from that perspective, I remain one of their biggest fans.
Your sig shows that your next trip is or was Sept of 2011, did you make it?

joonyer
10-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I also tear up at Wishes. But it's really hearing Jiminy singing "When You Wish Upon a Star" that does it to me. In conjunction with the fireworks bursting in the sky over the castle, it brings back joyful childhood memories of watching wonderful world of Disney on TV and wishing that I could someday go to DisneyLand. Hearing the song reminds me that dreams still can come true.