PDA

View Full Version : Night time parade and fireworks-MK?

minnie-mouse
10-05-2011, 10:18 AM
What is a good viewing place for both the light parade and the fireworks? We were thinking something closer to the main entrance as it will be easier to leave after (as we have 2 little ones). Do you still have a good view of everything on Main Street by the front? Can you hear everything from there too?

EJS-Houston
10-05-2011, 11:01 AM
I've found that a good place is near the statue of Walt and Mickey. You get a great view of the fireworks there...then just move over 20-30 feet (I'm guesstimating from memory, here...so don't hold me to that) to the curb where you can watch the parade.

Butters
10-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I've found that a good place is near the statue of Walt and Mickey. You get a great view of the fireworks there...then just move over 20-30 feet (I'm guesstimating from memory, here...so don't hold me to that) to the curb where you can watch the parade.

I agree, near the hub is the best for both

Main Street Jim
10-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Top of Main Street, near either Casey's or Ice Cream. :thumbsup:

Depending on if there's one or two parades, for one parade, I recommend sitting down *at least* an hour beforehand. If there's two parades, get there for the fireworks, then the second parade. It's *always* less crowded than the first one. Same goes for MNNSHP and MVMCP's.

The Hub is *always* crowded.

Katzateer
10-05-2011, 07:23 PM
if you get there about an hour before the top area of the train station is nice. You can grab a chair and sit on the balcony and see both the parade and the fireworks. We usually try to go up about 90 minutes before and get our seats. then one person will stay and the rest of us can bring back snacks or go on rides until about 30 minutes before. a bathroom is by guest services if needed and the exit is at the bottom of the train station so you can make a quick getaway