PDA

View Full Version : Good areas to rent in Kissimmee?

sainter
10-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Hello fellow Intercotees,
A friend has a 20-something son moving to Kissimmee from Wisconsin. She was talking about how hard it is to know where or which areas would be good for him to rent an apartment or townhouse in. Especially since the search is being done online.

I thought I would put the question to those on this discussion board who live in the area. I know several people do! Any recommendations? Or places he should stay away from?

Thanks for your thoughts!

sainter
10-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Any thoughts?

Main Street Jim
10-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Will this 20-something be working at the park(s)?

I can recommend several places :thumbsup:

I would *not* recommend Kissimmee itself, or Poinciana, or Buena Ventura Lakes. In order to get anywhere, you have toll roads - 417, Osceola Parkway, etc. Stay away from Hunter's Creek as well; overpriced for the area.

*West* of Kissimmee is what I'd recommend - lot cheaper than anything in Osceola county: Four Corners area (Lake county, technically Clermont/south Clermont addresses, off of US 27/US 192 intersection), south of Four Corners in Polk County (Davenport area; Haines City is too far south in my opinion).

Raintree Apartments, Cagan Crossing (Ridgepoint/Aurora) (Clermont/Four Corners)
Mystic Point (south Orlando off of CR 535, close enough to the parks to see Wishes and part of Illuminations!); Alexandria and Parc Vue are *too expensive*)
Camden World Gateway
Legends at Champions' Gate
Abaco Key

sainter
10-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Oh Main Street Jim! Thank you!! What GREAT info!
My friend's son will actually be working at the Omni Hotel in the restaurants there. Next time we are down we will have to take a taxi and head off grounds (which we haven't done recently) and check it out.

Main Street Jim
10-13-2011, 03:18 AM
If you have an address (or location) of the Omni (I've personally never heard of it...sorry :-( )...and I can give you a bit better idea of what's in the area as far as apartments, for-rent areas, etc. :thumbsup:

If it's this one:

1500 Masters Blvd
ChampionsGate, Florida

...then I'd recommend something in Davenport.

sainter
10-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Yep, that's the one. Thanks!