PDA

View Full Version : Something Romantic to do

snuggs30
10-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi! We are planning on being at the world Oct.23-Oct 31 and this will be our belated honeymoon trip (6 mo). My mom and dad and 9 yr old son will be going also. Anyways I want to do something sweet and romantic for my husband. I would love to do it at low cost or even free. It can be a walk somewhere or anything. If anyone has any suggestions on what they have done in the past or wishes they could do..haha let me know with some of your idea's! We are staying at Pop, but we have a car and can go anywhere. Thanks for your help! ;) 18 days till we get there!! woohoo!:mickey:

faline
10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Check out these ideas (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)!

Dave H
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Take the boat ride from MK to Fort Wilderness. I find boat rides romantic.

cajundisneyfreak
10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
You can go to the Polynesian and cuddle on the beach while watching the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.It's romantic and free.:mickey:

Scott C
10-05-2011, 11:48 AM
You can go to the Polynesian and cuddle on the beach while watching the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.It's romantic and free.:mickey:

+1

On our arrival night last month we took a bus to the MK - jumped on the monorail and went to the GF and then walked over to the poly and strolled the beach and cought the sunset while waiting for our 8:15 Ohana adr's. I was a very nice evening.

Scott C

ThanxForNoticin
10-05-2011, 12:33 PM
+1

On our arrival night last month we took a bus to the MK - jumped on the monorail and went to the GF and then walked over to the poly and strolled the beach and cought the sunset while waiting for our 8:15 Ohana adr's. I was a very nice evening.

Scott C

I agree with this recommendation. We've done something similar. Don't forget, the walk from GF to Poly goes all along the lake and takes you past the Wedding Pav. It's a very romantic walk on a nice evening.

brivers222
10-05-2011, 01:43 PM
We are spending our honeymoon at disney... first half at the Poly.... Already have snuggle time on the beach around wishes and the electric light pagent (both free) alloted.

Also for $60 you can get a carriage ride (I am thinking its the one for halloween theme during OP's dates) I booked a Xmas Sleigh Ride on our 1 month Anniversary... Before the Poly beach wishes and water pagent haha

darthmacho
10-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I thought the horse and carriage ride at POR (we did ours around sunset) was something potentially romantic. Though we had our kids with us when we did it, and unfortunately wasn't free. Of course, on such occasions, the driver is always the third wheel. :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I totally recommend cuddle time on the Poly beach or somewhere around the lagoon where you can see the castle and pop a squat. Maybe bring a bottle of wine, a couple glasses and snacks and watch Wishes or Hallowishes (on a MNSSHP night) and the Electric parade of course. Take a boat ride around the lagoon - just make sure it's not around the mass exit at MK though!

We have also spent time around the AKL firepits drinking a cocktail and talking in hushed whispers to each other while watching animals in the distance. You may have others join the fire since the firepits are HUGE but, there are several places to curl up net to a fire. If you go to Kidani, there are less people around the fire places. My DH and I spent some "mommy and daddy" time next to one last trip while my parents watched the kids... or more like slept with them since it was late.

We have also ate in Japan (don't remember what it was called in 2000-2003) before it was Tokyo Dining. Had sushi and drinks while we watched Illuminations. It was PERFECT.

buzznwoodysmom
10-06-2011, 04:52 PM
If you plan to spend any time at the beaches near the Poly and GF don't forget that there is construction going on at the GF. I believe the walkway connecting the two resorts is closed off at the moment. One of our favorite things to do, as a family, off the beaten path is to walk from the Poly to GF or GF to the Poly along that walk way. That path is always so quiet and relaxing, I'm sure it could be very romantic at night or at sunset. I'm curshed that we won't be able to walk that path on our trip in Dec.

An evening at the WL could be very romantic. You could get appitizers from the lounge and eat them on the beach, which is almost always empty in our experience. Or you could take drinks up to one of the many overlooks or fireplaces in WL. There are so many nooks and crannies at the lodge. The lobby of the Villas at WL is also a very quiet, romantic place for a drink or just to relax.

At POR you can take a horse and carriage ride. The cost is around $60, but the resort has a very calm and romantic feel, especially around the mansions.

DH and I have had two "date nights" in WDW. While neither of them were cheap, we very much enjoyed those special times together, just the two of us. We had our 10th anniversary dinner at Yachtsman's Steak house, complete with a special anniversary cake I ordered through the cake hotline. After dinner we walked the circle around the resorts and Epcot. Very romantic!! Then just this past March we had dinner at California Grill and it was very romantic to watch Wishes from the observatory deck, even though we were surrounded by other's. We took a bus to DTD for an hour or two, then back "home" to my mom and the kids.

What ever you decide to do I'm sure you'll have a great time. You've got lots of great suggestions already, so now its just a matter of picking what's right for you!

Scott C
10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
The path still winds through the construction as of 9/18

Thanks
Scott C

buzznwoodysmom
10-07-2011, 12:31 PM
The path still winds through the construction as of 9/18

Thanks
Scott C

Oh that's great to know. Do you have any idea if the path will stay open throughout construction? On another site it was reported that the path was to be closed, and I thought someone reported that it had already been closed. It would be great if its still open in Dec. Although I'm not sure how enjoyable the walk will be through a "construction zone". LOL.

Scott C
10-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I found the walk to be still enjoyable -- just a few green walls thrown in. No way for me to know but it seems that they went out of their way to keep the path open. I would think that they will close it at some point but I would bet that it will still be open for the next couple of months

Good Luck
Scott C

buzznwoodysmom
10-09-2011, 09:50 AM
I found the walk to be still enjoyable -- just a few green walls thrown in. No way for me to know but it seems that they went out of their way to keep the path open. I would think that they will close it at some point but I would bet that it will still be open for the next couple of months

Good Luck
Scott C

Cool deal. We love to "shop around" the monorail resorts. As much as we love riding the monorail we always get off at the GF and then walk to the Poly. There is something so quiet and calming about that walk. It feels like your a million miles away from all the action, yet your still right there!!!!

diz_girl
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Another vote for the Poly beach. There are hammocks and chair swings that are also cozy. If you walk in the direction of the TTC, closer to Sunset Point, the beach gets a little more secluded and romantic. The beach gets even more secluded in between Sunset Point and the ferryboat landing. You can get dessert and coffee or tea (or something a little more spirited) at Captain Cook's and mosey over to the beach for the fireworks and EWP (at 9 p.m.)

Another person mentioned the WL beach. While I've never done it, it does sound nice to sit down and watch the boats go by.

Mousemates
10-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Free romance.

1. as mentioned, fireworks at the poly

2. take a bus to the boardwalk (or yc/bc/swan/dolphin) in the late evening and do some combination of the following...enjoy a ride at dusk in the water taxi from the open air seats in the back, get an icecream cone at Beaches and Cream, enjoy the street performers at the boardwalk, walk (or rent a surrey bike and ride) around the lake.

3. Dance to the music of the orchestra that plays in the lobby of the grand floridian.