PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get w/e is designing Disney resort rooms.

goofy for pluto
10-05-2011, 12:33 AM
First let me say .. I love Disney. but I just don't understand w/e is designing the resort suites. So I'm looking at the cool suites for families over at Universal. Cool 1 bedrooms with two twin beds in the 2nd room for kids and a King size in the master of the parents. The kids area has their own TV and even though they share a bath it looks awesome for the kids to have their own space. It seems Disney has lots of diff suite styles but they all follow the same pattern of only giving one or 2 real beds, even for the huge amount you would spend to get a room. the 3rd bed.(and sometimes the 2nd and 3rd beds) almost always is some sort of pull out sofa or pull out chair. So if your kids aren't comfortable sleeping in the same bed, one has to spend the entire vaca on the pull out..which maybe is ok if your paying value or moderate prices..but for these rooms they are asking hundreds of dollars a night.
Over at the Art of Animation Resort Suites. not only are they very tacky. ( my opinion) The child has to sleep on the bed/table that folds down from the wall. From what I can tell the table and bed are not able to be used at the same time. I don't care how cool the mechanism is..Who wants to spend this much money for your kids not to have a real bed. Yes the room does have a pull out sofa..but that's not a real bed either. It seems that Universal understands a lot better than Disney what people want, not only park attractions but in hotel rooms as well.

Donald
10-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Amen! :mickey:

LVT
10-05-2011, 07:23 AM
I have been in hotels with the same concepts.
suite with 1 bed being the couch.
There are many variations in family hotel suites out there.
Or WDW is trying for a cheaper version of a DVC set up.

Marymouse2003
10-05-2011, 10:01 AM
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
10-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Better than the one suite we've ended up in before that didn't have the pull out sofa. Ended up being very awkward for sleeping arraignments. The website (corporate) said it had a pull out sofa, it had a microwave and fridge, but no sofa. We had to get a cot. And they comped our room completely. But this wasn't Disney.

jonahbear2006
10-12-2011, 08:49 PM
what is w/e because in the internet world that is whatever. and i am having a hard time understanding what this means.

tinklover
10-12-2011, 08:53 PM
I believe the OP was using it for Who Ever? I might be wrong but that is the way I read it.

brivers222
10-13-2011, 11:39 AM
what is w/e because in the internet world that is whatever. and i am having a hard time understanding what this means.

lol omg idk!

yeah i was lost also whomever sounds right in this case though.

Mousemates
10-13-2011, 12:56 PM

I had the same question but was too :blush: to ask...I figured it was one of those things I should know (and actually first thought I did know), but obviously didn't know or understand in the context in which it was used.

mdricks
10-13-2011, 01:09 PM
When my kids foot the bill, then I will worry about their bed!

:D

brownie
10-13-2011, 03:39 PM
When my kids foot the bill, then I will worry about their bed!

:D

If they're footing the bill, I'd be more worried about your bed. ;)

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2011, 07:24 PM
DD has slept on more pull-out couches at more hotels than I care to remember.

Although it works fairly well, it is a pain to have to pull it out each night, and then put it back in the morning.

I'd also like more "real" beds ...

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-14-2011, 11:08 PM
I must be in the minority but I love the pull out idea, It gives you so much more room during the day. We were in a studio at BWV, 2 adults , 3 kids (7,4,1) and it was nice to have more room for the kids to roam around after we woke up rather than constantly running into the edge of another bed. And I fell asleep on the pull out one night, it was comfy.

Mousemates
10-14-2011, 11:55 PM
I must be in the minority but I love the pull out idea, It gives you so much more room during the day. We were in a studio at BWV, 2 adults , 3 kids (7,4,1) and it was nice to have more room for the kids to roam around after we woke up rather than constantly running into the edge of another bed. And I fell asleep on the pull out one night, it was comfy.

No, I think it likely has to do with the ages of your kids...ours loved the pull out beds until they got to be in their mid-teens...at which point they became heavy enough to feel the metal frame/bar often found under the mattresses...pull out comfort can very much be luck of the draw...it really often depends on the size of the person and model of the frame and mattress.