PDA

View Full Version : FastPass

HoosierDisneyFan
10-04-2011, 09:09 PM
A while back I read a thread on this forum that Disney was testing a system where you were no longer allowed to use your FastPass after the time window had closed. We have frequently used our FastPasses throughout the day on past trips and wanted to check the current policy.

Any recent news on this topic?

mydisneygirls
10-04-2011, 11:14 PM
We were there in Sept and used our fast passes beyond the time on them with no problem.

WDWfanatic742
10-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Nothing really new recently. They've been trying out and researching different things, from having to get the FPs at just one or two central points in the parks, having to pay for FP if you aren't staying at a resort, being able to 'reserve' your ride times online before you go to Orlando.

They still seem to be figuring out what they want to do. Hopefully it's none of the things that I listed above, but I have a feeling eventually they will start doing some of those things...

MickeysBestPal
10-05-2011, 06:11 AM
A while back I read a thread on this forum that Disney was testing a system where you were no longer allowed to use your FastPass after the time window had closed.

It was a false rumor that took on a life of its own.

Nothing of the kind actually happened at the parks.

Melanie
10-05-2011, 07:17 AM
from having to get the FPs at just one or two central points in the parks,

I actually like this, and thought it worked well when they tried it out at Animal Kingdom a while back. Wish they could find a way to make it work resort-wide.

It was a false rumor that took on a life of its own.

Nothing of the kind actually happened at the parks.

This is the first I've heard that it was only a rumor. Thanks for the information.

WDWfanatic742
10-05-2011, 08:34 AM
I actually like this, and thought it worked well when they tried it out at Animal Kingdom a while back. Wish they could find a way to make it work resort-wide.
I think if they can keep it to where you can still get the FPs at the individual attractions, but be able to get the big attraction FPs at a central location I'd be okay with it. I just wouldn't like going back to the front of the park to get a FP to the attraction I'm already at.

W24toISMdirect
10-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I think if they can keep it to where you can still get the FPs at the individual attractions, but be able to get the big attraction FPs at a central location I'd be okay with it. I just wouldn't like going back to the front of the park to get a FP to the attraction I'm already at.

Not to mention the bottleneck at the central FastPass location.

Butters
10-05-2011, 11:44 AM

I think this would be great, then you have the option no matter where you are :thumbsup: