PDA

View Full Version : The Barry Bunch Day 9, 9/30/11. Last day :-(

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2011, 10:32 PM
9/30/11
Cast:
Me, Trish, 38 (the planner)
DH, Shaun, 39 (goes along with the flow because it is easier than arguing with me)
DD1, Sammy, 7 (Princessy and dreamy, loves when the princesses kiss their prince… also rather energetic)
DD2, Alex, almost 5 (amazing comedic timing, silly and snuggly, however if there was 1 kid who was going to trip and fall, it is Alex)
DS1, Josh, 15 months, (aka Mr. Destructo, by the end of vacation we all called him Stitch, because he can get into that much trouble that fast!)
This was our check out day. We were up and packing by 8ish. Shaun and I do not move much in the morning and it took a good long time to get every thing packed and cleaned out. We had ressies for the Cape May buffet at Beach club at 10:35 am. It took us a while to pack and we didn’t know if we would make our ressies, we did but 30 minutes late. They were still able to take us (Thank You!!!) And we saw Minnie, Goofy and Donald in their swim gear. Yummy brunch! We then went back to the Boardwalk to do some swimming. We took a break later in the afternoon for lunch sandwiches using our last CS points from the Bakery, and let the kids play in the arcade. Some more swimming and games at the pool (We racked up some beads playing poolside Name that Tune taking turns between having Alex and Josh or watching Sammy on the pool slide (It is a FUN water slide !!!) It was time to get changed and get ready for the Magic Express bus to take us back to the airport. We got changed, and then a hoola hoop contest started by the pool. Sammy can hoola like a champ, so we let her go over and join. Once done, I took Josh up to wait for the bus, and Shaun took the girls to the candy and sweet shop to get treats with our last snack credits. At 4:20 a Disney Cruise Line bus came. I ignored it waiting for the ME bus. Finally someone came over and asked if we were waiting for an ME bus, YES, Well that is it! Bit it is a cruise line bus … Well that is the ME bus today… UGG! Can you imagine if we had missed it? At least it wasn’t just us, there were 2 other families waiting with us who ignored the cruise bus as well! Onto the bus, the bus starts, Alex falls out of her seat and onto her head. BOOM!, Quick passed Josh to Shaun and took care of Alex, she was ok. GOOD GRIEF!
We got to MCO and through security without too much hassle. Killed some time letting the kids run off some energy, and then boarded the plane. When Alex climbed into her seat she accidentall kicked the seat in front of her and the guy turned around and got in her face and said “Don’t kick the seat” to which I said “Don’t EVER talk to my kid! You talk to me!” I then muttered loud enough that he was lucky that I didn’t switch seats and sit behind him…then he would REALLY get his seat kicked! I mean really, I could understand if it had been an hour into the flight and she had been kicking it constantly, but we had JUST gotten on and she is little and had trouble getting up there. GRRRR says Mamma bear! So then we are ready to take off and we sit… and we sit and we sit and sit and sit, and the plane does not take off. Then we get a message that there is a problem and they are trouble shooting, and then they have to call maintenance so maintenance can trouble shoot. By now Sammy’s anxiety was on high. She was bawling which made Alex cry, Josh coldnt sit still. Sammy started saying she didn’t feel good, and she has cried to throwing up before, so Shaun was digging for barf bag. I finally went to a flight attendant and said “The door is open, we are attached to the gate, can we get out? (Mind you 90 minutes with no beverages or anything) The flight attendant found out and said that we could go. After that an announcement was made that everyone could get off the plane if they wanted. REALLY? If I knew all it took was asking I would have done that an hour ago! So once we get the kids together and back to MCO, some less than lovely really snotty Delta worker says “I hope you have your boarding pass to get back on” I looked at her and said “I have 3 screaming and crying kids, and 5 carry on bags, I have NO IDEA where the boarding pass is, however there isn’t a person on that flight who doesn’t know who me and my kids are since they have listened to them wailing for the last hour!” She backed down after that, took our seat numbers and said we would have no problems getting back on. The kids were still upset. We met a wonderful couple from Springfield MA (20 minutes away) who gave the kids the Disney stuffed animals they had bought for their grandkids to play with. They were so nice, they sat on the floor with me and the kids calming them down and playing with the stuffed animals, while Shaun went off in search of milk to buy for Josh since now it was so late and he was way past time for his bottle. The husband even ran to get Shaun when they announced that the plane was fixed and we should re-board. I called my mom to let her know about the delay since she is meeting us once we land with our van to drive home. We get back on the plane and Josh, Sam , Alex and I all PASS OUT. Shaun was the only one awake for the ride. Finally back and Nana was there to greet us! YAY! 2 days later … I realize I no longer have my cell phone. I am pretty sure it fell out of my pocket after I called my Mom from Orlando Airport to tell her about the delay. All well.

Joannelet
10-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Oh no! What a horrible airport experience!!!! See that is the kind of thing that would happen to me so thats why I make my hubby drive. I cannot imagine having upset children while I myself am not a great flyer! I wouldve been crying with your daughters! Glad you finally got home!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
What an "adventure" to end the vacation. I am glad you (finally) got off the plane though ... could you imagine waiting all of that time on the plane. I think I would have given up and started walking home! ;)

faline
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh dear! Tough end to your trip ! And on top of that, you have to deal with replacing your phone!

pdrlkr
10-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Oh boy... glad that your ride home sounded like the only bag part of your trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the report...honestly I think some people have never been around kids