PDA

View Full Version : The Barry Bunch Day 8, 9/29/11

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2011, 10:30 PM
9/29/11
Cast:
Me, Trish, 38 (the planner)
DH, Shaun, 39 (goes along with the flow because it is easier than arguing with me)
DD1, Sammy, 7 (Princessy and dreamy, loves when the princesses kiss their prince… also rather energetic)
DD2, Alex, almost 5 (amazing comedic timing, silly and snuggly, however if there was 1 kid who was going to trip and fall, it is Alex)
DS1, Josh, 15 months, (aka Mr. Destructo, by the end of vacation we all called him Stitch, because he can get into that much trouble that fast!)
Our last day in the parks, the girls chose to spend all day in Magic Kingdom (I was hoping for ½ day in Animal Kingdom to catch the Nemo show and so Shaun could ride Everest… but they wanted MK, so MK it was. ) I ran to get fast passes for Splash and we started with the Haunted Mansion and I am not sure what else. When it was our time for Splash I went to take the girls and get the parent switch card, and now this person was saying Alex was too short. I don’t understand. She was exactly at the bottom of the marker again. She started crying and I assured her that we would just not ride that now. (I understand the safety thing, but again, how is it for 7 days she was fine at the 40 inch rides and suddenly the last 2 days she was too short? So we had lunch (Again Columbia Harbor House… this time I tried the lobster roll, not impressed. It should have been called the mayonnaise roll! All well!) Alex found a Mickey and Minnie dressed as a bride and groom that she loved, and so we got this for her. (Sammy is VERY in love with love and romance) Later in the day we went back to Splash and Alex was measured again and she got on fine. She also got on Big Thunder fine as well. During this time I realized I had lost Alex’s card. Again I KNEW I had left it at the Pooh fast pass machine. UGH! Trekked back there with Josh AGAIN, got it from the cast member AGAIN and trekked all the way back… AGAIN. We rode some more rides, and then headed to the Polynesian for Ohanas reservations. We did this for the first time 2 years ago and LOVED it! I think it is my favorite. I love the skewered shrimp and beef. Shaun loves the beef and chicken. MMM and the pot stickers and noodles and pineapple bread and then the banana bread pudding with caramel sauce! Then there ended up being a problem with our Dining plan points, somehow we were out of adult TS credits, so the dinner price for Shaun and I got charged to our room. UGH NoW I have to get it fixed with the concierge once I am back, whatever it tasted too good to care much at this point. MMMMmmmmm we waddled out after, and tootled around the gift shop there. Shaun found a cd for the girls with the music from the rides. (They love to listen to music in their bedroom after we put them to bed, and this is perfect!) We went back to MK for a few more rides before WISHES> We got to the Tomorrowland bridge and Shaun stayed with the kids while I ran to get the popcorn that Alex had asked for all week. Wishes started while I was in line, and I swear I was practically in tears thinking I would not get the popcorn back to her in time. She doesn’t ask for a lot, and she just wanted popcorn during the fireworks! I got it and RAN back to them. Popcorn was enjoyed by all,a nd Josh fell asleep in Shaun’s arms during the fireworks. We had a few pics taken by the photopass photographers on the way out. I don’t think we swam that night. I went down to the front desk to have the dining credits fixed. The cast member I got the first time did not know what he was doing and had to get a manager. Who told me it would be fixed and she would push the new invoice of room charges under the door later in the night. Well I went back to the room and 5 minutes later the invoice was under the door and the Ohana $$ was still there. Ok Back downstairs, new persone at the desk, and she had it taken care of pretty soon. Back upstairs, everyone was combusting again from exhaustion. So to bed! No swimming!

Joannelet
10-03-2011, 11:18 PM
In May we had a dining plan problem realized while eating at Ohanas as well! Glad yours was worked out like ours was. Also relieved to hear your daughter had her popcorn during the fireworks! Great last day in the world!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2011, 09:19 AM
I am going to be extra careful that I collect all of our room keys from the Pooh FastPass machines ... sounds like they like to "keep" them :)

faline
10-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Yay! Alex finally got her popcorn! What could be better? A treat that had been wanted for a while and sharing Wishes with family?!

pdrlkr
10-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Leaving the room key at the FP machine is soooooo my M.O. So, DH is in charge of all room keys/tickets :D

yjgirl32
10-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
thanks for the report, seems like I've seen a lot of reports complaining about problems with the dining credits lately...hope they get this worked out soon